Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PqRP on Partition Magic 7.0

I was trying to re-size partitions on my hard drive thru "Partition Magic 7.0". But the process terminated un-successfully & now one of my partitions is marked as "PqRP". The partition is not accessible.
    Is there any way to recover it with existing data?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Memon View Post
    I was trying to re-size partitions on my hard drive thru "Partition Magic 7.0". But the process terminated un-successfully & now one of my partitions is marked as "PqRP". The partition is not accessible.
    you could just use the back up discs you created before you messed about with partition magic ?? you did make some didnt you ??
    simply me

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    you could just use the back up discs you created before you messed about with partition magic ?? you did make some didnt you ??
    If I had the backup, I could simply delete that "PqRP" partition, & make a new partition in that space.
    The problem is that I did not make any backup.
    Thats why I am looking some way to recover the partition with data. Help me!

Administrator

partition magic marks partitions as pqrp when a problem has occured ie when it hasnt finished working and the program crashes or is halted for some reason,for this reason it makes it unable to be seen via windows so that it cannot be written over,like a kind of safety net.dont like/use partition magic myself but it appears this is a common problem best advice is contact powerquest for assistence if you have important files you do not want to lose.lesson to be learned is, NEVER mess around with partitions etc that carry important stuff unless you make a backup first.a shame but you may have just learned the hard way.good luck,and hope you recover ok
    Last edited by the gaffer; 01-06-2008 at 03:25 AM.
    simply me

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    partition magic marks partitions as pqrp when a problem has occured ie when it hasnt finished working and the program crashes or is halted for some reason,for this reason it makes it unable to be seen via windows so that it cannot be written over,like a kind of safety net.dont like/use partition magic myself but it appears this is a common problem best advice is contact powerquest for assistence if you have important files you do not want to lose.lesson to be learned is, NEVER mess around with partitions etc that carry important stuff unless you make a backup first.a shame but you may have just learned the hard way.good luck,and hope you recover ok
    PM is sold to Norton, so Power Quest will not help for it.
    And Norton just says to buy version 8. Norton support staff says that probably ver.8 will solve this problem. But they dont guarantee. So there is a chance of wasting the money.

How did you go ? I did the same thing ,as most people dont have 3.5inch floppy`s anymore and thats what you need to back up on in magic 7.Can we convert PqRP back to FAT32?

If Norton support staff can not help you, how about asking for tech support from other partition manager software company? such as EASEUS, support@easeus.com... I always go with Freeware EASEUS Partition Manager Home Edition...
    i think they may help you...

Quote Originally Posted by Memon View Post

Re-size partitions ,you can use EASEUS Partition Manager Home Edition V2.1 - FREE FOR HOME USERS ,then partition is accessible. Remember this FREE sofeware will help you a lot!

Banned

Please dont mess around with partitions etc that carry important stuff unless you make a backup first.a shame but you may have just learned the hard way.good luck,and hope you recover ok.Good luck to you !Have good weekend too

Default That is one cool projection clock!

my clock projects the time, date, or temp on the wall or ceiling some people call it a ceiling clock but I call it a digital projection clock. I got the black one because at the time that was the only color they had. But now they make them in black and also in white.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 12-24-2008 at 05:38 AM. Reason: moved to correct board.please make posts have meaning.