Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: oltime data

Default oltime data

I have CDs with Family History data sent to me from Europe., going back to 1600. Apparently they open with an old version of Acrobat 3. How can I access these old forms?
    Corinne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by corinne parkinson View Post
    I have CDs with Family History data sent to me from Europe., going back to 1600. Apparently they open with an old version of Acrobat 3. How can I access these old forms?
    Corinne
    firstly have a read through these search results for acrobat http://www.oldversion.com/talk/searc...earchid=334211 im sure one would have a link active for the version you are needing,i also believe you may find an alternative program mentioned that will access these,i seem to recollect one being mentioned,if i get the time i will also try and read through and be more specific.welcome to the forums.
    simply me

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by corinne parkinson View Post
    Corinne
    Odd. Old pdf files should open with new versions of Acrobat. Unless ofcourse, the files are not actually pdf or ps files.
    Alot of genealogy data is stored in the GEDCOM format. Sometimes even in CSV foms.

CSV files, are comma separated variable files, which can be opened in wordpad. Though the data will be difficult for you to make heads-or-tails of in such a layout.

View the files complete name, and post back the file extension's three letters. That would definitely help.