Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Direct X

Default Direct X

Having trouble with creating 3D device. My diagnostic tool is showing test failed
    at test 7,8,9, which in turn will not allow me to play games, I have downloaded
    the latest drivers for my graphics card, direct x, and .net framework. Kind of stumped
    any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Release Candiate 1

Direct3D may actually be disabled... Try the following (as per Microsoft):

1. If the DirectX Diagnostic Tool is not already open, follow these steps:
    a. Click Start, and then click Run.
    b. In the Open box type DXdiag, then click OK.

2. Click the Display tab.

3. Verify that Direct3D Acceleration is listed as Enabled and the button to the right indicates Disable.

4. Click Disable.

5. When you receive the following warning, click OK:
    This will re-enable hardware acceleration of Direct3D for ALL display devices on your system.

6. Verify that Direct3D Acceleration is still listed as Enabled and the button to the right indicates Disable.

7. Click Disable

8. When you receive the following warning, click OK:
    This will disable hardware acceleration of Direct3D for ALL display devices on your system.

Direct3d Acceleration now indicates that it is Disabled and the button to the right now indicates Enable. Click Enable one more time to properly start Direct3D Acceleration for your computer's display.
    Last edited by Zootopia3000; 12-09-2007 at 08:16 AM.

Default Direct X

Thanks zootopia, that didn't seem to help. I tried that, it shows Hardware accelerated
    Direct3D 9+ is not available because the display driver does not support it. You may be
    able to get a newer driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    But when I re-enable it shows No problems found, which I would assume it would. I have a ati 9600 radeon and have DirectX 9.0c driver loaded. Thanks

Release Candiate 1

ATI is tricky... Never liked ATI myself. May need to COMPLETELY remove ATI from your system and then reinstall the ATI drivers. A guide on how to do so is at...
    http://www.tweakxp.com/article37536.aspx
    or,
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...eadid=33606840

Default Same Troubles as Sparkey 64

i am having same troubles with my Direct3D i cant play game only differens is my video card a an intergrated Intel(r)82810E Graphics Controller does that affect it?

Default thx

Quote Originally Posted by sparkey 64 View Post
    Having trouble with creating 3D device. My diagnostic tool is showing test failed
    at test 7,8,9, which in turn will not allow me to play games, I have downloaded
    the latest drivers for my graphics card, direct x, and .net framework. Kind of stumped
    any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx