Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Does the new OldVersion.com system serve you well?

Hey everyone -

I humbly would like to ask everyone's help to perfect the new OldVersion.com system.

You can sample it at http://www.oldversion.com/ov2/ - use your forum login to login.

I plan to make it live Friday the 25th of April so please test it out, it's not perfect but I'm actively seeking to make it work for your benefit.

Please help contribute information in your free time of certain versions or begin uploading files and versions.

Here are some goals of this new system:
    - Allow the site to be self-updated, quickly and efficiently.
    - Write quirky articles about the progression of software history for specific programs.
    - Allow the site to build on to itself through your help (if you be willing).
    - Provide System Requirement information, and as much information as possible about individual programs offered.

Some new features:
    - You can edit file information and with pending administrator approval have your information displayed.
    - You can add files or programs to the site with pending administrator approval for quality control.
    - You can vote on files to help other visitors choose the old version you want. I realize that it's difficult for people to sometimes choose which old version of a program to use, so I want your feedback of what versions to use and for what purposes so we can help people more simply make a choice as to which program is right for them.
    - Change the version/skin of the site (pick the 'version' you want down near the copyright footer)

Here is how you can help:
    - Register for the forums and use your forum ID to login at the top left.
    - Go through the site at your leisure time and edit any information which you feel would be helpful and keep everything up to date.
    - Upload files (please take time to put in necessary information that would help others). Simply click Add file after you're logged in and follow the instructions to do so.
    - Send me a nice lady to rub my back. Attractiveness is a plus, but I am not picky. Any alluring back-rubbing ladies that you may know who would be interested are free to apply!
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Beta

Nice, I'll give it a try

By the way, I don't mean to annihilate your hope, but ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ABlix View Post
    - Send me a nice lady to rub my back. Attractiveness is a plus, but I am not picky. Any alluring back-rubbing ladies that you may know who would be interested are free to apply!
    I doubt that will happen ;(

Edit : I guess I found a bug : the "Click here to see all versions of this " link opens a pop-up which does not have scrollbars, while it should have most of the time...
    Last edited by Constance; 04-20-2008 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constance View Post
    Nice, I'll give it a try

By the way, I don't mean to annihilate your hope, but ...

I doubt that will happen ;(

Edit : I guess I found a bug : the "Click here to see all versions of this " link opens a pop-up which does not have scrollbars, while it should have most of the time...
    Thanks - that has been fixed for the time being.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

I havent added anything yet Alex but i just might,i dunno....

Merci Beaucoup

Default well done

it worked for me spent 2 days trying to down load i tunes
    went to old versions download ok