Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default VSO resizer (right-click resizer for Vista)

Program Name: VSO Resizer
    Current version: 2.x (2.0.13 I think)
    Desired versions: 1.x (see notes below)
    Description: Right-click photo resizer for Vista (a replacement for Microsoft's PowerToys that don't work on Vista)

This archive.org page is about how I remember it looking when I originally downloaded it when I first got Vista in 2007.

This softpedia page lists some of the different versions - I know I had one of the earlier 1.x versions, because I downloaded 2.x recently and it had a new feature that required an extra click if you didn't use the paid version. So I downloaded the 1.x version that is still on the site, but it was NOT what I remembered. The one I remember had different profiles to choose from for a quick resize - you could choose between a variety of resize sizes (like 320x240, 400x600, 600x800....).

Then I found this review which lists 1.0.12 and the screenshot looks about right.

I found an older version and it's not it... I hunted through some backups and found 1.0.12 and it was NOT what I thought it was. The Profile drop-down list (as seen above) is not pre-populated with popular sizes...it only has Original Resolution and Desktop Resolution. Hmmm.

Here is the official Version History. I have no way of knowing which one it actually is.
    Last edited by hudson2001; 06-14-2008 at 12:06 PM.