Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Quicktime 2.03

Default Quicktime 2.03

I have an old game from like 95 that I really want to play on my new computer with Vista. I downloaded it from this site, but I keep getting an error message that won't let me complete the installation. Do you think that this version could be compatible with Vista or is it a lost cause. Please Help!

Beta

Quote Originally Posted by blewangel02 View Post
    [...] Do you think that this version could be compatible with Vista [...]
    Probably not ^^
    However your game should run fine even with a more recent version of QuickTime... if not, then I'd advise running a virtual machine (Microsoft Virtual PC is freeware ) and install both Windows 95 or 98 and your game in it. Plus that version of quicktime it requires, of course

Originally posted by blewangel02
    Quicktime 2.03
    I have an old game from like 95 that I really want to play on my new computer with Vista. I downloaded it from this site, but I keep getting an error message that won't let me complete the installation. Do you think that this version could be compatible with Vista or is it a lost cause. Please Help!
    Don't assume you can't run it. I was trying to run several programs that require 2.X versions of Quicktime on a Vista 32 machine and tried everything I could find. Then I tried just letting the installer for "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego" install the old Quicktime. This fixed the problem for all of the old games I had that were failing due to Quicktime issues, not just the Carmen games. This installation did not interfere with my Quicktime 7 install - it was present and working both before and after the Quicktime 2.X install.