Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Trojan Virus in YM 8.0!!

FYI All,

I tried downloading Yahoo Messenger 8.0 from Oldversion this morning and Antivir popped up to say that it found TR/Enddisk.A virus.

I've sent an email to the site owners.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bubblemama View Post
    FYI All,

I tried downloading Yahoo Messenger 8.0 from Oldversion this morning and Antivir popped up to say that it found TR/Enddisk.A virus.

I've sent an email to the site owners.

hi there.
    i have just downloaded the version 8.0 that you have reported and it has scanned as clean with 3 different av scanners ?? please check it again as i cannot find a problem with the download and it scans and installs fine.
    simply me

Antivir does indeed detect some sort of virus, but it doesn't identify which one it is. To my knowledge, antivir is the only program that picks this up and only when the security is set at high which has a high likelihood of causing false positives. Nonetheless, any virus threats are taken seriously and the files have been removed pending further investigation.

-Alex
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

so whats the status of this? i just got the same virus alert. this thread has not been edited, there is no followup.

whats the deal?

Beta

That can be useful : Submit your sample

Also, here's the report after it's been scanned by *41* antiviruses, including avira antivir : Virustotal. MD5: 004a6779169a07ce5f40ffbe05a583a6

Guess it's pretty much obvious that is was a false positive, you probably had it because of heuristic mode.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bluezcluez View Post
    so whats the status of this? i just got the same virus alert. this thread has not been edited, there is no followup.

whats the deal?
    The status is obviously all clear,It was stated that the files would be removed temporarily,seeing as they have again been made available then they are definitely ok,all files are checked rigorously before being made available.false positives do happen now and again,very wise to ask though,Welcome to oldversion and enjoy the forums.
    simply me