Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    jasonc310771

Default Windows Movie Maker

where can i get the original version of MovieMaker for XP, i had it and then upgraded it and the upgrade is crap. so i need the old version back again. any help is welcome.

thanks in advance.

reedbl1

I agree. Anyone out there have the original version or know where to get it?

jasonc310771

I NOW HAVE IT. i have had to re-install the pc from scratch to get this for all of you that have done the same as i have and upgraded the MovieMaker version ONE in english

I have emailed Microsoft for info, but got NOTHING, just what i thought i'd get.

email me if you want it, i will email you the zip file.

jasonc310771@yahoo.co.uk

OV

Default Windows Movie Maker

Dose anyone have movie maker that will run on
    Windows/ME.
    The new vertion is for xp/system

Its not a separate download
    The Windows Movie Maker video editor is included as part of Windows Me, although you have to go looking for it (it is in the Start menu under Start / Programs / Accessories / Windows Movie Maker).
    Anyone might have some nice/free alternatives to post
    Read more > "Bare-bones video-editing tool leaves much to be desired."
    Actually that barebones bit sounds pretty good ! :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows Movie Maker 2
    System Requirements
    Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP

Super Moderator

If you still have the Win ME CD, you can install moviemaker from it. the main exe file is packed into WIN_17.CAB with additional supported files scattered through a half dozen other cab files.
    Just got to the Add Remove menu and select Windows Setup, and chose to install MovieMaker.

as for posting links to match MovieMaker is not so cut-n-dry, since the requestee does not state what they are wanting to do with the app. some pointers to intent would narrow down and help to find closer titles which match goal. and i never used moviemaker, so i am not certain on what it does exactly.

• VirtualDub FREE, video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (98/NT/2000/XP), streamlined for fast linear operations over video. is mainly geared toward processing AVI files.
    • Zwei-Stein Video Editor FREE, a non-linear, non-destructive video compositing and editing system, you can edit up to 256 video, audio and still image clips, each with up to 64 effects chained serially. Cropping, panning and custom effects are easy with automatic key frames.
    • Edit Studio (AVI Editor)
    • Ulead® MediaStudio Pro 7 (AVI Editor)
    • MainActor (AVI Editor)
    • Womble MPEG-VCR (MPEG Editor)
    • BitrateViewer (MPEG Editor)

additional related threads

Release Candiate 1

I need Windows Movie Maker 1 (current version is 2). Anybody has it or can show me where to d/l. Thanks

Super Moderator

a regular customer, thought by now ya might have picked up on the drill. Please include the website for the application, this helps avoid confusion on similar named apps. This way file-posters know what they are looking for, and what the apps will/should look like.

Is this the WMM that was/is included in Windows ME? or not a Microsoft product? - this is why a website helps clear up confusion.

don't forget before posting a topic, to check previous posting for the same title, i found this one
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&hl=movie+maker

nagasakiNuker

iv been looking 4 windows movie creator for my win 98 se machine and i cant find the old version :angry: ne ideas