Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Problems with ANY download mgr.

HELP. Just got a new computer and am having trouble downloading ANYTHING with ANY download manager. Had ReGet Deluxe working fine on last computer, downloads everything as HTML file as if it were a dead link now. However I know these are active files. I've also tried FlashGet with the same results. Can anyone please help?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mjagr26 View Post
    HELP. Just got a new computer and am having trouble downloading ANYTHING with ANY download manager. Had ReGet Deluxe working fine on last computer, downloads everything as HTML file as if it were a dead link now. However I know these are active files. I've also tried FlashGet with the same results. Can anyone please help?
    As you have said it is a NEW computer then i will presume it is running windows vista ? If this is the case then are the download managers compatible with vista ? If not then once you have installed it go to the programs proerties and tell the pc to run it in compatability mode for windows xp, Exact instructions i cannot say precisely as i currently do not like and will not run vista myself.
    simply me

Quote Originally Posted by mjagr26 View Post
    Perhaps the sites you are downloading from do not permit multi threaded connections, have a look in the download manager settings & change the number of download threads to 1.

Default Downloads on Vista

Problems with ANY download mgr.
    Vista has a bit of a nanny complex. It also has a built in firewall. It's difficult to say for sure without seeing your system but it's quite likely that the firewall is blocking the load.

The other possibility is the browser security settings. If you're doing it through IE, you also need to check the options in Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and Security to make sure it's not blocking downloads.

Having problem in download in your system - Just click on tools and internet options and enable downloading options with your admin password.
    Last edited by Fred Williams; 05-06-2009 at 10:47 PM.