Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

lifeover.com

Hi, i was wondering which version of MSN Messenger you suggest i should use. My requirements are that it takes up as little space as possible, and that it has the feature where it pops up a little window on the bottom right corner when you get a new e-mail. I do not use it for chatting, or anything else, just for it's email feature. I dont have much space to work with on this computer, so im trying to find the best version for those needs.

thanks for any help.

Beta

Originally posted by lifeover.com@Mar 21 2003, 12:16 AM
    Hi, i was wondering which version of MSN Messenger you suggest i should use. My requirements are that it takes up as little space as possible, and that it has the feature where it pops up a little window on the bottom right corner when you get a new e-mail. I do not use it for chatting, or anything else, just for it's email feature. I dont have much space to work with on this computer, so im trying to find the best version for those needs.

thanks for any help.
    4.6 maybe.

Beta

4.6 or 4.7

Download here

lifeover.com

that was fast, thank you.

Beta

Your welcome. Me and SSS visit this board often and help out in what ever way we can.

Todd95VR4

I just tried installing the latest version of MSN Messenger on my Win98SE PC. (I already have it on my XP PC and it works fine over there, and I already have a .NET ID and password.) When I try to sign on, it just spins with the signing on picture, but never does. Then nothing else works quite right - email and IE 6.0 can't connect and I start getting blue screens. I just removed it and now am wondering if I should try an earlier version. Which one does anyone suggest? BTW, I use it for the IM functions.

I found another thread ( http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...ct=ST&f=2&t=622 ) that suggests 4.6. Anyone concur?

P.S. I run ZoneAlarm 2.6.231 (the free version). Could this be the problem?

Edit: Ok, after reading several threads about MSN Messenger I decided to install 4.6 and it seems to be working ok.