Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Cassette Tape to CD...What is...

...the best FREE software(with directions) to perform this task? (off task: Hi, everyone. I am new here. I belong to some other forums but this place is GREAT! Hope to get to know y'll better soon. I am Stevo from Pinetops, NC USA). Almost all of my great stuff(music) is on cassette. I guess I want to turn all cassette files to .wav files but I don't know. What DO I want to do? I was going to try to use "Audacity" but I don't even know how to use that. My OS is WinMe. I can use a self enclosed full cassette/cd combo player with amp(bookshelf model) or I can use a component cassette player/recorder that requires an amplifier. Any help will be appreciated.....suggestions of FREE software will be greeted with very large smiles!!!

Administrator

Heres a good starting point http://www.sticksite.com/tape2cd/index.html
    simply me

Release Candiate 2

Default been there done this

Hello I am Jon from zhills fla and I have been lucky enough to have already doenthis with over 400 cassettes
    the program you need is called sound capture try MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities.
    if you cant find it let me know via email a

Tpneer2@gmail
    I can send it to ya its free and simple
    what I did was take a small stereo cassette player ran a 1/8 mini plug out the speaker line inot the audio card then use dhte software to build mp3 s then just bruned that to cd
    program has no limitations and even keeps track of running time
    at also has a mic function if ya want to index stuff as a mp3 recoring.
    let me know have a good day