Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ms Powerpoint

none

Default Ms Powerpoint

jjjj

Beta

If you really want it, you can purchase a copy of Microsoft PowerPoint 97 (or Microsoft Office 97 Standard, which has Microsoft Word 97, Microsoft Excel 97, and Microsoft PowerPoint 97 on 1 CD) at many places. You try a search on eBay, Yahoo! Auctions, or your local computer store (ex: CompUSA). I prefer the Computer Show and Sale.

Why do I say Office 97 instead of Office 2000 or Office XP? Generaly, most home users don't need the extra features and all that Office 2000 and Office XP include. Besides, most of time you will find Office 97 cheaper than Office 2000 or Office XP. The other thing is that Office 97 gives you less B* S* (such as Internet Explorer 6 *MUST* be installed and *MUST* be set as your default browser). I'm not sure if Office 2000 or XP can be installed on Windows 98 (it can't be installed on Windows 95 for sure since Microsoft - along with other companies - don't even support it).

I DON'T KNOW ANY, but the other way would be to find a WAREZ site on the internet and download the whole CD in .zip, .rar, or .iso format which can be opened in WinZip, WinRAR, or WinImage. You might need serial number to use it (during or after install).

Last edited by lightsup55 at Nov 27 2002, 02:41 AM

Tom

Actually, Office 2000 installs and works perfectly fine on Windows 95. Furthermore, it only needs Internet Explorer 4 or higher.

However, if you are look for a Viewer for Power Point Presentations try:
    PowerPoint Viewer 97 (2002 Release) at http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002...2/ppView97.aspx

(Note that it only allows you to view presentations, it doesn't allow you to create or modify them.)

Ric Gates

Also ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/
    Ppview97.exe PowerPoint Viewer 97

I don't think Office 97 requires IE at all (maybe IE 3.02, which should be installed on Win95 anyway). BTW don't ever install IE4 on Win95, if you do you might as well just upgrade to Win98.

--
    | Ric

Beta

Originally posted by Ric Gates@Nov 26 2002, 11:41 PM
    I don't think Office 97 requires IE at all (maybe IE 3.02, which should be installed on Win95 anyway). BTW don't ever install IE4 on Win95, if you do you might as well just upgrade to Win98.

--
    | Ric
    Office 97 includes IE 3.02 for Win95. Office 97 will not make an attempt to install it, but an icon for it is placed on the desktop (even if you have a higher version of IE) that can be safely deleted.

P.S. What I hate most is during the installation of Microsoft Encrata Reference Suite 99, it makes an attempt to install IE 4 without your consent. If you have IE 5 (or greater) you get an error message that says something about your system clock being wrong and the installation couldn't finish.

I use IE 6.

Last edited by lightsup55 at Nov 27 2002, 02:39 AM

crossy

I need powerpoint A.S.A.P Please help me :huh:

Beta

Sorry, but distributing that program is not legal.

Beta

If you are looking for illegal/pirated/warez downloads, this is NOT the place.

If you are looking for a viewer, I have a list with links to where you can get them (see below).

Microsoft Office viewers:
    Word Viewer 2003 (also opens Corel WordPerfect and Microsoft Works Word Processor files&#33
    Word 2003: XML Viewer
    Excel Viewer 2003
    PowerPoint Viewer 2003
    Visio 2003 Viewer
    Snapshot Viewer for Access 2003, 2002, 2000, and 97
    Windows Journal Viewer 1.5

Microsoft Office viewers (old):
    *** I would recommend that you only install these if you are running an older version of Windows (i.e. Windows 98 SE or Windows ME) ***
    Word 97-2000 Viewer (alternative download link 1 - alternative download link 2)
    Excel 97-2000 Viewer (direct download link - requires Windows 95 or higher)
    PowerPoint Viewer 97 (alternative download link 1 - alternative download link 2)
    Visio 2002 Viewer

And the only Microsoft Office related viewer that Microsoft makes for the Macintosh:
    PowerPoint 98 Viewer for Macintosh (alternative download link 1 - alternative download link 2)

Misc. Microsoft viewers:
    Windows Media ASF Viewer 9 Series

Anything else can be found at their FTP site: ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/

Older versions list:

Microsoft Windows

---- Word
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/WD95VW71.exe - Microsoft Word Viewer Version 7.1
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/WORDVU.exe - Microsoft Word Viewer Version 6.0

---- PowerPoint
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/PPTVW32.exe - PowerPoint Viewer and Translator (32-Bit - this is either version 6.0 or 7.0)

---- Excel
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/EXCELVWR.exe - Microsoft Excel 95 Viewer for Windows 95

---- Access Snapshot Report
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/acc...-US/SnpVw90.exe
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/SNPVW90.exe - Microsoft Snapshot Viewer Available on MSL

16-bit Windows Versions (do not use these unless you have Microsoft Windows 3.x or below)

---- Word
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/wor...US/wdvw9716.exe
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/WDVW9716.exe - Microsoft Word Viewer 97-2000 for Windows 16-bit Operating Systems

---- PowerPoint
    PPVIEW16.exe - Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer for 16-Bit
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/PPTVW16.exe - PowerPoint Viewer and Translator (16-Bit)

Macintosh

---- PowerPoint
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/VIEWER.hqx - Mac PowerPoint Viewer (not sure what version it is, possibly older than 98)

Beta

Originally posted by crossy@Dec 6 2002, 03:49 PM
    I need powerpoint A.S.A.P Please help me :huh:
    Check this topic out:
    PowerPoint

Last edited by lightsup55 at Dec 7 2002, 11:45 PM

aafuss

Well,