Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ms Powerpoint

aafuss

Well, if you want a cpy try an auction site or try to visit an secondhand shop[- (eg.-an anmtigue book shop I gotio sells a little bit of old software). Or the only item you need for PP are manuals/books-theres plenmty at good bookshopds for new vers, old version-a bookshop speci,ising in older books.

collie

do ms viewers run vba?

guest_aafuss

Default Ms Powerpoint

Where could I download/buy a copy of Microsoft Powerpoint 1.0/2.0/3.0 for Windows-these versions aren't listed on eBay most loof the times-they are hard to buy in ebay?

Super Moderator

you could try a free alternative to MS Office, price is good.

• OpenOffice.org 1.1 is an open, feature-rich multi-platform office productivity suite. The user interface and the functionality is very similar to other products in the market like Microsoft Office or Lotus SmartSuite, but compared to these commercial products OpenOffice.org is absolutely free.
      http://www.openoffice.org/

can someone aim me in the direction of a program which will open files that have been created with microsoft powerpoint a friend has sent me some files but i have nothing to open them with. a freeware program would be nice i maybe will not use much thanks to all who help

Beta

If you are looking for illegal/pirated/warez downloads, this is NOT the place.

If you are looking for a viewer, I have a list with links to where you can get them (see below).

Microsoft Office viewers:
    Word Viewer 2003 (also opens Corel WordPerfect and Microsoft Works Word Processor files&#33
    Word 2003: XML Viewer
    Excel Viewer 2003
    PowerPoint Viewer 2003
    Visio 2003 Viewer
    Snapshot Viewer for Access 2003, 2002, 2000, and 97
    Windows Journal Viewer 1.5

Microsoft Office viewers (old):
    *** I would recommend that you only install these if you are running an older version of Windows (i.e. Windows 98 SE or Windows ME) ***
    Word 97-2000 Viewer (alternative download link 1 - alternative download link 2)
    Excel 97-2000 Viewer (direct download link - requires Windows 95 or higher)
    PowerPoint Viewer 97 (alternative download link 1 - alternative download link 2)
    Visio 2002 Viewer

And the only Microsoft Office related viewer that Microsoft makes for the Macintosh:
    PowerPoint 98 Viewer for Macintosh (alternative download link 1 - alternative download link 2)

Misc. Microsoft viewers:
    Windows Media ASF Viewer 9 Series

Anything else can be found at their FTP site: ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/

Older versions list:

Microsoft Windows

---- Word
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/WD95VW71.exe - Microsoft Word Viewer Version 7.1
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/WORDVU.exe - Microsoft Word Viewer Version 6.0

---- PowerPoint
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/PPTVW32.exe - PowerPoint Viewer and Translator (32-Bit - this is either version 6.0 or 7.0)

---- Excel
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/EXCELVWR.exe - Microsoft Excel 95 Viewer for Windows 95

---- Access Snapshot Report
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/acc...-US/SnpVw90.exe
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/SNPVW90.exe - Microsoft Snapshot Viewer Available on MSL

16-bit Windows Versions (do not use these unless you have Microsoft Windows 3.x or below)

---- Word
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/wor...US/wdvw9716.exe
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/WDVW9716.exe - Microsoft Word Viewer 97-2000 for Windows 16-bit Operating Systems

---- PowerPoint
    PPVIEW16.exe - Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer for 16-Bit
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/PPTVW16.exe - PowerPoint Viewer and Translator (16-Bit)

Macintosh

---- PowerPoint
    ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/VIEWER.hqx - Mac PowerPoint Viewer (not sure what version it is, possibly older than 98)

Gold

Default PowerPoint 98

Does anyone know where I can download PowerPoint 98? I'm currently using version 2000 but it has a quirk that I'm trying to get around and was infored that what I'm attempting can be done with PowerPoin 98.

Super Moderator

Powerpoint is a retail application.
    You might be able to purchase a copy via http://ebay.com or http://recycledsoftware.com

Administrator

was this ever available for download ? i very much doubt it,never seen a microsoft shareware of any kind.you may want to check out www.ebay.com or www.recycledsoftware.com for it.as you were actually requesting please post in the request board and always try and the follow the pinned topic for making requests,it vastly increases chances of requests being found. look up
    i guess me and locust were replying at the same time,great minds think alike.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 12-06-2006 at 03:46 PM.
    simply me