Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Word

JLN

I am looking for MSN word version 5.0 This is what I have been using for years & is what I am comfortable with, so anyone who has this program sitting on their shelf please contact me ASAP!

aafuss

Try eBay-or a second hand computer store-or a 'casjh converts' type store (loan/pawnbrokers).

matt

Default Microsoft Word

any chance of putting any Word up? or has anyone got Word 97 or newer that they can send me? ive only got 95 and i cant open half the stuff people send me in it cuz its really old...cheers in advance for any help

Super Moderator

Originally posted by "http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php
    Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
    Microsoft Word 97 is a retail app. It is illegal to offer for downloading. If you want a Word viewer then you can obtain it from here

Word 97/2000 Viewer (Windows 95/98/NT)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=EN
    If you are in need for a word replacement app, you can get a freeware program which should handle most of the chores MS WORD can do, and for free

AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft® Word. It is suitable for typing papers, letters, reports, memos, and so forth.
    http://www.abisource.com/

matt

ok, sorry about that, thanks anyway!

aafuss

Word 5.5 for MS-DOS is freeware (wrd55ben.exe-I hink)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by aafuss+Oct 10 2003, 08:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aafuss @ Oct 10 2003, 08:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Word 5.5 for MS-DOS is freeware (wrd55ben.exe-I hink)[/b]

Word 5.5 for MS DOS free?
    a quick search shows the policy from Microsoft

<!--QuoteBegin--Microsoft
    @"http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450771033&CTT=6&Origin=E C010553071033"

Microsoft Word 5.5 for MS-DOS End User License Agreement
    You must be a licensed user of Word 5.0 for DOS to obtain this download of Word 5.5 for DOS at no additional cost. Your use of Word 5.5 for DOS shall be governed by the terms and conditions of your end user license agreement for Word 5.0 for DOS.
    [/quote]

It is a free download for those users who hold a valid Word 5.0 license. If your not a licensed user of Word 5.0, then you are not granted a license to obtain or use Word 5.5

poloploplo

Get Open Office a great freeware (and even open source) MS Office Alternative that can read and write doc, rtf, ppt, xls and can export to PDF without Adobe Acrobat. It&#39;s better than MS Office in every way, except that you would have to change certain habits.

phallonian

I&#39;ve been using wordpad since I got my com, and I was wondering if there was somewhere that I could get word.

You can buy Microsoft Word from here or check out OpenOffice, an open source(FREEWARE) alternative that is compatable with Microsoft Word.