Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Winamp3 & genre listings

I have a version of winamp3, I think the last one before they did version 5 and I noticed that unlike winamp2 the genre listing in the 'media info editor' is completely out of order. It doesn't go alphabetically as it did before (I don't know if they fixed it in 5, I don't have it) and there's a space missing in the middle, for what I have no idea.
    Even though it's such a small thing, it's really starting to bother me, because I like filling out the information and takes forever to find the right genre.

I was just hoping that someone else also had this problem and hopefully fixed it and wouldn't mind sharing the answer.

Thank you,
    DonnaT

Beta

Hi there ^^

That may sound like a weird question since we're on Old Version forums, but why don't you update to version 5 ?
    As far as I know, it kinda combines the advantages of both version 2 and 3, or at least they said that's why there is no version 4...

There are two reasons I personally don't like the Winamp5. One is that I started using winamp way back when Justin Frankel started it out as 0.2 and I ended up buying it sometime later. I just really liked it's simplicity and the way its kept up all the way to the version I now have. I tried out 5 and just didn't like it as much as Winamp3.
    The second is that I don't know if the rumors were true or not but I don't like my programs to spy on me. I know to an extent all do, but at least with my Winamp, I can turn it off and don't have to worry about it. Plus, I was turned off by their joining up with AOL, I kind of liked it when Winamp was the underdog.

Default Seriously ...

I would just like to get some help in arranging the genre's in Winamp3 so they are in order, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I don't like the Winamp 5, 3 works great for me and I just need help with this one part.