Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Help with Compatbility View and Video not showing ?

Hi, I am new here and my 1st question of 3 questions please help ...

1st question I would like to know how to get rid of the annoying compatibility view tab next to the website address ?

2nd question How do I get video clips to show & be able to play when I am on a forum and someone embeds a video but all I get is a blank with some kind of tiny green mountain and white box ?

3rd question I also installed Internet Explorer 8 which I think are the problems I am having and now I want my IE 7 back. How do I get IE 7 back please ?

I sure hope you understand what I am talking about ?

Thank you in advance for responding.

Beta

Hi there ^^

So for 1 : use anything else than IE8. Perhaps the IE7Pro plugin will someday be updated for IE8 (if it's not already, I didn't follow it closely since I use Firefox) and will then have the option to hide that feature.

2 : you probably need to install or update the Flash Player Plugin. Go to adobe.com and look for it.

3 : Should be removable using add/remove programs in Control Panel, I guess ?

Is there a link to IE 7 please ? so that I can follow the instructions mentioned above. Thank you.

Thank you for your help, everything works and the only problem I have left is how to get the video to play when someone embeds a video on a forum or a messengeboard. Please help

Thank you in advance.

Excuse me ? I said everything is working fine except the video when someone embeds them on a forum does not play the video. It is a blank video with small green mountain box or shapes of blue & red circle, triangle in the small box. I just need help with that one. Thank you in advance.

Beta

Well, you probably need to install the Flash Player plugin, for videos to play. Go to adobe.com, it's easy (unless something wrong happens )

(I think TheDoctor was talking about his own post when asking for deletion :hmm: )