Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default expert in acdsee 4.0 pls advice

I use ACDSEE 4.0 and my os is Window vista. When I open one of the folder or file under one particular folder, the computer just stroll and busy sign is shown, may be forever, I need to closed the program or I need to go to other program to do other thing, basically this acdsee is no more responsting. But very funny, this happen only if I try to open the folder I used most offen as I store most of the email into this folder. other folder work well.

I uninstall the acdsee 4 and reinstall but is same, the program stroll when I try to open that folder or files under the same folder. I use adware and avg to scan but avg did not detect anything, adware detect some thing under cookie ( may be is my own pc password tracking system as I do use the " remember password " as in some website.I cancelled those cookie but still same. So any idea of what is wrong ?

Thks in advance.

Gold

Default ACDSEE 4.0 - Vista

try moving some of your files into a new folder on your desktop and viewing them. I don't use ACDSee these days, but I seem to recall smaller folders keep things moving quicker. If things work fine on files in that new folder you may be wise to do some re-organizing of your files and folders; more folders with fewer files each, and not very many levels of subdirectories.

I use IrfanView now, but I'm not a big fan of it either.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    try moving some of your files into a new folder on your desktop and viewing them. I don't use ACDSee these days, but I seem to recall smaller folders keep things moving quicker. If things work fine on files in that new folder you may be wise to do some re-organizing of your files and folders; more folders with fewer files each, and not very many levels of subdirectories.

I use IrfanView now, but I'm not a big fan of it either.
    Thks very much and it work after I shift to another new folder by using window explorer. I use ACDSEE for very long time and still think it is very fast and good program in term of photo broswer. Actually last time I use version 5 but it has some bug if the OS is vista and it always come out a warning if I want to print the photo, so I downgrade to version 4.

Thks again