Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default NEED HELP: Sony Sound Forge 8.0/Echo Sound When Recording

Hey guys,

Recently I had to re-install all my software due to a virus on my computer. As a result, when I try to record audio from YouTube etc. in Sound Forge 8.0, I get a nasty echo sound that I didn't get before. It gets worse the higher I set my computer volume.

The only thing I can do right now is record internet audio at the lowest volume possible and then jack up the volume in Sound Forge "Process" afterwords. That results in a hissing sound, however.

Anyone have any suggestions? I know it's some kind of setting I need to adjust but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Fenway5150

Super Moderator

Is your microphone connected and set to record? Disable/mute the mic from recording.

Release Candiate 2

Default echo echo echo....

look onthe control for thhe audio within sound forge and set the reverb to off or mute, hsould also have a slider for intenseity bguilt into the software, turn it allthe way down

Release Candiate 2

Default echo echo echo

check to make sure that your sound card is not the culprit to do this firght click the volume control and check the audio properties to se eif there is an echo set for recording if so just unchekc the box and reboot
    also if its within sounmd forge jsut lose the echo inthe advanced porepertees area of the program