Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Cool Edit Pro Recording HELP!

Pretty much, whenever I record anything in CEP, although I record my singing in time with the backing music, my singing is always half a second, or a second behind the track.
    I can start cutting stuff out and pasting stuff in but the tracks are never really in sync with one another, and even if I manage to sort out the beggining, they start to go out of sync again later on in my tracks.
    It's rather annoying, and I was wondering if any of you lovely people out there know what the problem is and how I can resolve it

Thanks alot

Super Moderator

Shouldn't need to cut and paste, just make adjustments to the tracks starting time.
    But its possible an issue with latency with your system (system clock, hard drive, OS, kernel) and/or sound card. Without using SMPTE timecode this may be a constant issue.

Release Candiate 2

Default timecode issue

the other post is partinlly irght but insiide the program are built in time code editors, so do this, look for the start clock and d see if tis setup to run auto or not, if not set it andthen begin withthe first backtrack you run, it will create 2 clocks onthe control panel one is the original track, the bottom willl be you coning in over, you have to match the 2 by time code then run them together and they should match