Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    etnif

I am still using the old Windows 95. Recently I had to reinstall everything. Well Now I am unable to get MSN Messenger back, because of Windows 95. Does anyone know where I can get the old version back?

Bob S

Go to www.OldVersion.com and download MSN messenger ver 4.5. It's the latest that will work with Windoze95. Just did it myself, same problem as you on an update. Good Luck B)

badaboy

the late versions of MSN are not always fit to install they sometimes cause more problems
    than it is worth.....i had a similar one ...and went to c net ..downloads .com and found a 3.6 version... .wich i installed...but remains very capricious in its operations and there is another thing about MSN....
    they very often seem to run out of capacity...and do not give a sustained service....the latest fancies ..is to dissappear from the task bar and vanish while operated... B)

Beta

4.6 and 4.7 do work with Windows 95.

Vassilis Papazoglou

Originally posted by Bob S@Oct 29 2002, 06:30 PM
    Go to www.OldVersion.com and download MSN messenger ver 4.5. It's the latest that will work with Windoze95. Just did it myself, same problem as you on an update. Good Luck B)
    I wond the MSN 3.6 version

Beta

If you want MSN Messenger 3.6 then you can download it from this site.

Svendw

I installed msn messenger 4.6 but i still have a problem in Windows 95.
    I can see which other members of msn messenger are online but I cannot send a sentence or remark.

It has something to do with a falty network.
    can anybody help me?

thx
    Svendw

Josh

[FONT=Optima][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]djamyx@hotmail.com
    Ok, here's my problem....I'm still running Windows 95....I used to have MSN Messenger version 4.5...and it worked fine...however...my computer crashed and I had to format my hard drive. When I got it back up and running....it will not run MSN Messenger 4.5 or newer...only 3.6....it will sign in...and let me see who's online..but then it quits working

Tom

Originally posted by Josh@Jan 22 2003, 05:45 PM
    djamyx@hotmail.com
    Ok, here's my problem....I'm still running Windows 95....I used to have MSN Messenger version 4.5...and it worked fine...however...my computer crashed and I had to format my hard drive. When I got it back up and running....it will not run MSN Messenger 4.5 or newer...only 3.6....it will sign in...and let me see who's online..but then it quits working
    It's possible that you need to install a newer version of Internet Explorer before version MS Messenger 4.5 will run. Many MS programs need at least IE 4 or higher.
    (If I recall correctly, the version of IE that comes with Windows 95b is 3.02, Windows 95 First Edition came with version 1.0)

You can get Internet Explorer 5.5 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downlo...ive/default.asp

On my Windows 95 PC I run IE 5.5 SP2, I think it is more stable than 4.

Beta

Actually, Windows 95 First Edition comes with Internet Explorer 3.0.