Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Packard Bell Navigator

Program Name: Packard Bell Navigator
    Current version: n/a
    Desired versions: 2.0
    Description: GUI that came preinstalled in early-mid 90's packard bell computers (alongside dos 6.22 & win 3.11).

I set up a virtualbox to replicate my first pc (second to my c64) and it just isn't the same without the navigator. I can't find any site to download it from, and my original install discs went the way of the dinosaurs.

http://toastytech.com/guis/pbnav35.html

is a link to a site that talks about it, but thats about it.
    Last edited by jayonthabeat; 04-29-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: bad link

Administrator

considering i believe packard bell preinstalled this and didnt give out the install program i dont think you will find it on the www unless of course you could source a recovery disc that contained it.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 05-02-2009 at 01:17 AM.
    simply me

Release Candiate 2

Default packard bell disk

Hello I actually ahve the recovery diski for an old pb that ahs the navigator on it Ii will hav eto strip it off and then sned an email to Tpneer2@gmail.com so ii can send it to you might be sunday or Monday before I cdan get to it got about 5 machines over to work on first its on my list

Beta

Hi there ^^

Instead of doing all the work yourself and providing it to only one person via e-mail, couldn't you please upload the thing — either the stripped program or the whole recovery disks — somewhere ? There are lots of free hosting sites out there, and it would be kinda sad if only the original requestor could get his hands on the program ^^

Hi,

I'm also looking for the navigator disk. I know it's been a while, but if you could, could you send me the iso image (or whatever format is most convenient for you)

Thanks a lot