Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default IS there a fix for OLD MSMoney for Vista Compatability?

I've had to give up on my XP PC but am using another's Vista & trying to install several older programs to use on it.

MSMoney, Ver. 1 or 2, not sure, is a great tool, but not compatible as is with Vista. Anyone know of a patch or fix for this problem? Can't afford to switch to another program (buy).

Thanks

pmh
    Last edited by the gaffer; 07-16-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Administrator

Hi and welcome.
    If there was a patch at all then you would find it on microsofts website,have you tried installing the programs and then seeing if you can run them in compatibility mode,much like you can run the older apps on xp.
    simply me

Beta

Wow, MS Money versions 1 or 2 must be very old, since if I remember well, my father had been trying version 3 under Windows 3 quite a few years ago.
    You're quite lucky if that worked until Windows XP. Well if it did, it *should* work fine under 7 too, just in case you'd consider upgrading from Vista.
    And there is always the solution of a virtual PC running an older OS, in case nothing else would work. Not the most comfortable way of running a program, but it's (almost) garanteed to work.
    Last edited by Constance; 07-17-2009 at 01:07 PM.