Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: autocad R13

Default autocad R13

Hello,

I look for the old autocad release 13 , mine is dongle protected and i have no more parallele port on the pc.

does anyone have a serial protected software ?

thanks for all

Default AutoCad r 13

I have a similar problem. If you have a PC, check the motherboard manual/CD, to see if it has an LPT Port socket on it. If it has, you can buy a suitable socket to put in and connect. Then enter the BIOS setup, and make sure it is enabled. If not, but you have free PCI sockets, you can buy a card to plug in, which will have the required socket, which you may need to setup with the CD it comes with. I am still trying to sort mine out on changing to a new machine, as I keep getting the Fatal Error "There is no licenced server on the network or the hardware lock is incorrectly installed." I am working through several threads to cure this. Acad will only accept certain addresses for the LPT port, and there are several different modes it can be set to. My problem is also complicated by having it on twice, the old installation being on a different part of the hard drive copied across from the old machine. I think I need to dump this, but as I am using XP, and r13 only installs in C: root (it cant handle long file names like C:\Program Files\--- this may need some work to delete what may be duplicate or conflicting Registry Entries. On my old (also XP) machine, I seem to remember I installed and run using Win 95 compatibility. Best of luck!

Default AutoCad on new m/c

Further to my last post, I Googled Rainbow Sentinel Hardware Lock, and found the website of the supplier. From there I was able to download a diagnostic program that said it could not find the dongle, because the driver was out of date. I downloaded their latest driver, (all for free), and now everything works fine, so just keep trying.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 08-18-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Removed broken link