Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Icq Without Ads

I just position my session windows with the ad below my screen,then i dont see it

The Dude

Super Moderator

Originally posted by The Dude@Oct 29 2003, 12:41 AM
    I just position my session windows with the ad below my screen,then i dont see it

The Dude
    that doesn't stop the ads from sucking up bandwidth. an ad here and ad there, pretty soon your crawling down the internet while the ads are filling up your hard drive.
    each day you re position the chat windows takes more time then removing the ad.

icq lite V 5.1 no ad patch by me

attention theres a problem with my old patch apparently icq changed the file icqlite.exe so i had to make a new patch,even though its still V5.1 they must have did something to mess it up ,well editing the same codes does the same thing so a new patch fixes everything.
    heres the edit list

{header..image...link}

{%CLImage%...%CLLink%}

{SkinsLinkVisible}

{N.o.C.L.B.a.n.n.e.r.....N.o.M.s.g.B.a.n.n.e.r...D .i.s.a.b.l.e.O.w.n.e.r.N.i.c.k.N.a.m.e.....N.o.S.w .i.t.c.h.2.P.r.o.....N.o.G.u.e.s.t.M.o.d.e..}

{LiteBannersActive...}

{...LiteCLBannerActive..ActiveInternetTime..Banner sIdlTimeLimit.http://www.icq.com/client/confirm_email.php.<ft_ars><url>ars.oscar.aol.com</url><port>80</port><timeout>6000</timeout></ft_ars>}

{ICQWelcome..ICQWelcome2}

{S.H.O.W.W.E.L.C.O.M.E.S.C.R.E.E.N}

{ShowWelcomeScreen}

here

make sure that you get the one on
    the bottom cause its the newest one .

patch description: i disabled that one welcome screen and think i disabled the one that you cant shut off in preferences im not sure update later and the ads are gone and easier to apply the patch no intelegence needed .so
    enjoy and look out for updates they will be here .......
    tell me what going on with the patch and stuff i need to know any problems you might have.
    Last edited by Crayola; 07-14-2006 at 07:04 PM.