Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Weather Watcher Live

I've been using Weather Watcher Live on my computer for several years. Today, I was notified that the program had an update, 6.1.1.

I downloaded and installed the update. The first thing that happened was that a popup came upon the screen that the program was no longer freeware, was now shareware, and that it would only run for 30 days for free. After that, if I wanted to continue running it, it would cost $19.95 US.

So for those that are presently running a version older that 6.1.1, I suggest that you do not update unless you wish to buy the software.

I would also suggest that the older free versions of Weather Watcher Live be added to the web page.

I'll be watching for the addition. Thanks.

The advantage of this software is that I can use independent weather stations rather than the government stations. I live in a mountainous area, 6000 feet higher than the official government station 20 miles away. The weather here is nowhere like the weather there. The official station is in a semi-desert area. My area is more "Alpine" in nature. A local school, here, has a weather station that I can use with Weather Watcher Live. The other programs I've tried cannot do that.

I found version 6.0.6 (freeware) on the Softronics web site. I still hope that it is place on the Old Version site.

The programs author gives the last freeware version away on his forum

Weather Watcher Live Forums

Download Weather Watcher Live 6.0.35

Weather Watcher Live is your personal, real-time weather station. View real-time weather conditions in your neighborhood from WeatherBug weather stations, or as reported by NWS.

From: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11194
    Last edited by The Doctor; 08-15-2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Copyright upheld

Administrator

Best and most accurate weather advice you can get is to simply look out the window,far more accurate than any weather forecast
    simply me

Banned

Please avoid my type,I am like a genital itch,I merely annoy the hell out of people with my sad spamming of forums.
    Last edited by the gaffer; 08-20-2009 at 01:35 AM.