Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 3.x

JonnyFlash

Does anyone know where I can get Windows 3.x? I need it to put on my old 66mhz. If anyone knows get in contact with me at distortedunit@hotmail.com

Cheers
    Jonny

Super Moderator

as Windows 3.1 is a retail app, and copyright is still held by Microsoft, you will need to purchase a copy. check ebay.com, or go to a local computer show, i have seen them there for a couple dollars.

OldVersion.com is not a place to share retail apps. Your post has been asked many times before. Had you searched the forum before posting you would have learned this already.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...8&hl=windows+31

Handy

Windows workgroup 3.11 if I remember right requires Windows 3.1 to be installed first and Windows 3.1 requires a DOS operating system first.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by pun@Nov 20 2003, 10:48 AM
    Handy

Windows workgroup 3.11 if I remember right requires Windows 3.1 to be installed first and Windows 3.1 requires a DOS operating system first.
    the only DOS you need is to do a sys.com c:
    no, WFW does not require 3.1 to be installed prior, as WFW 3.11 is a full version OS

Been so long since I used windows 3.1 I'd forgotten. Didn't mean to confuse anyone. Thx for correcting me locustfurnace

Super Moderator

thats ok. I just recently built an old box with WFW 3.11 on it. since had some old hardware and wanted to mess with an older email terminal, and for also testing the performance of the PC vs MAC of similar specs.

If you had Windows 3.1, you could turn it into WFW 3.11 with a few files from the WFW 3.11 package. Since Win 3.1 did not have networking, you had to use a third party TCP/IP package, like Wintrumpet.

do not post links to site which contain illegal material.

wiz_kid_32

Would anyone know where you can get/download the older versions of windows like windows 3.11, 2.0. 1.0 and others???

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Oldversion.com Faqs@ http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php
    Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
    Windows is a commercial OS copyrighted by Microsoft. It can not be shared, that is illegal.

If you want these titles check ebay.com out or stop at a local computer show to find old packages of these.

Beta

I am trying to restore a vintage Amstrad 2086 to it's original condition. I have got all the hardware up and running and the only thing missing is Windows version 3x. I have Windows 3.1 on floppies but these PC's were shipped with 3x. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated