Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retail Software

Super Moderator

Originally posted by lzw@Aug 1 2003, 06:13 PM
    ....I thing you might even get a time limited version of windows if you are on the microsoft developers network, or a beta tester!
    alot of the beta verisons of windows can be had, FOR A PRICE, ofcourse.
    for about half the price of the retail release you can generally obtain a beta, but why if your not a major developer. Developers get it so they can start writing programs against the lib, api's, etc, so that their product is READY for Windows $$ version. whichever it be.

not everybody has a credit card where they can go to fricken ebay to get shit theyre looking for. and not everybody has $80 to get adobe photoshop & other stuff. you're not going to stop everybody from doing stuff illegal, just dont pay any attention to what people ask for that is unethical, hm?

straight talker, unplugged

Originally posted by Guest@Dec 4 2004, 03:27 PM
    not everybody has a credit card where they can go to fricken ebay to get shit theyre looking for. and not everybody has $80 to get adobe photoshop & other stuff. you're not going to stop everybody from doing stuff illegal, just dont pay any attention to what people ask for that is unethical, hm?
    nobody says they will stop people doing illegal stuff, what they say is it will not happen here at oldversion, and just incase you hadnt noticed this is an age old thread why answer it it is long dead and forgotten about.

Super Moderator

just dont pay any attention to what people ask for that is unethical, hm?
    We don't pay attention to what people do, people can do whatever they want, no skin off our backs. Just as Straight_talker said, it isn't going to happen here.
    This board is not owned by the public, it is owned by a few people who have a say it how and what is posted. Not all boards cater to everyone, if those people looking for certain apps not offered here, they can go someplace else. This is not the end of the line for finding software.

If this board was yours, then you could post whatever you liked, and be facing those lawsuits as well.

VincentTheValentine

True...this thread is old...
    but damn this dude is right.

flarnlgso

I visit here quite a bit, never the forums though.

Awesome work, great site.

Just wanted to add that those wanting OS's, Office, utilities, etc software for little to _no_ money should go to school. Most schools (universities, not CCs) have software for download or pickup that is cheap.

For instance, at UT Dallas I can buy any of windows pro, office, norton, visual studio, etc for UNDER 20 bucks a piece or I can login to the MSDN academic alliance website and download them all for free. As an aside if your school does have the MSDNAA you can download and get as many copies of the latest version of windows as you want, however I am not going to say how. Figure it out.

great site

flarn

You people amaze me

Can anyone post the new version of Adobe Photoshop CS? I don't have 600 dollars and I need it free

Administrator

Originally posted by You people amaze me@Jun 12 2005, 01:46 PM
    Can anyone post the new version of Adobe Photoshop CS? I don't have 600 dollars and I need it free
    you will not get any help at this forum for illegal stuff, if you dont want or are unable to pay for the app you want then use a freeware alternative,any links for illegal stuff are deleted straight away and threads locked so please dont waste our time and yours asking.
    simply me