Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Office Intercom

Default Office Intercom

I'm looking for an old version of Officeintercom by NCH. I need something to be able to talk to my kids in their rooms without destroying my vocal cords. Officeintercom 4.01 does exactly what I need, but at $40 per seat, it's just way too expensive. Apparently, version 2.01 was freeware. I don't need any of the fancy features, just a basic intercom capability.

Grandma (moderator)

Hi,

I found one link to version 2.01, but the program seems to be shareware, not freeware.
    Anyway, here is the link.

http://dl.winsite.com/files/506/ar2/...ss/oisetup.exe

I think your right Therese I tend to believe them that it is only free for evaluation purposes as I don't think NCH policy has changed in this regard although they may be enforcing it now.
    I only tested the software for version & instalation viabilty, not for any limitations.
    If you download & install the ware make sure you report your results to this thread.

You could try these freewares

Lanic is a tool for voice communication between computers connected to a Local Area Network and its operation is comparable to a classic intercom.
    Unzip the file in a directory of your choice. To have the program start with Windows and have it running in the background, ready to receive and send voice messages, a shortcut must be placed in the "Startup" program group.
    To remove the software just delete the directory in which you have placed it and remove the shortcut from the "Startup" program group. No files have been placed outside the program's directory nor have any Registry settings been added or altered.
    To initiate a conversation with another user logged in to the local network, simply select the remote computer in the scroll down list and click the On/Off button. Click the button again to end the connection.

Push to talk on a PC using F7 button
    http://loudtalks.com/

Voice&Video Internet/Lan Chat client based on H323 protocol.
    http://myphone.sourceforge.net/ open source

B.T.W, please used the pinned topic format when making requests.