Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus 123

Administrator

hi there.the difference being the apps you mention are trial versions,all titles offered here are either trial versions or freeware,there are many people that for one reason or another either lose their disk or have a hard drive crash and lose their setup files for a program but as they are registered customers then they still have their product serial key,hence the downloads are very useful to such people,programs such as lotus that were not available as trial downloads are not available as it would be illegal to offer them.feel free to check out the about us section and also the FAQ section to learn a little more about the site,hope you enjoy the forums.
    simply me

No one ever said I didn't have a Key. But in regards, your explantion is trial version of retail programs only.

What are the legal differences between a trial and non-trial based program that still requires a key?

As I have stated, I downloaded an older version of nero from you guys, yet the Trial that was orignally provided by the software has expired (instantly upon installation of the older software). So then the trial is no longer offered by Nero.

Wouldn't this make it the same as offering Lotus since Lotus doesn't offer a Trial?

Administrator

quite simple really,if it was originally offered as a downloadable demo/trial then that makes it legal to offer,retail software as you stated still requires a product key but as it was never offered as a downloadable trial then that would make it illegal to for oldversion to offer or post links to.you may still be able to get it from ebay.com or www.recycledsoftware.com if you want to purchase it.
    simply me