Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please Register

Grandma (moderator)

Originally posted by ABlix@May 17 2003, 04:32 AM
    Guest posting has been disabled.
    ABlix,
    Thanks!

An opportunity to bump this topic , I realise it's important just not quite sure why,and ask a question.
    I can understand the security issues of requiring people to register and also perhaps the benefit of bringing some clarity to the forum but what I would like to know if it is not somehow sensitive info is what benefit oldversion.com has by having x number of signed up members does this derive an income or bestow additional resources to the site if so I could see it (not withstanding all the other mentioned reasons) as being worthy of promotion,
    (ABlix @ May 17 2003, 04:32 AM)
    Guest posting has been disabled.
    Is this correct if not it worked for me & suckered me into joining lol
    (I would of anyway)(ok eventually) :P

Super Moderator

I think guesty posting is re-enabled, since the time the forum was updated. Since i have seen alot of new guesty posts.
    Benefit for guestys to register is, if someone finds a file, and wants to email that user the file. there is no email to send file to.
    or email that person to ask for they would like it emailed.

also, some peope do not like to even reply to guesty postings. maybe not so much on OV, but elsewhere it is very common where regulars will ignore any guest postings.
    so if a guesty finds their post not being answered, registering might be good.

registering is not all that invasive, not like you have to submit a photo ID and be fingerprinted to join a forum.
    i can see if you guesty post once on this forum in your life.
    but not to be a regular and always post as a guesty
    PLUS, being a guesty. you do not get cool new names, such as your Release Candidate title!

: )

guest_the gaffer

just a point to consider, i believe perhaps a lot of people post on this site, and like me are registered but as i have been doing i tend to forget to log in,, never mind i see from this post the difference and will log in from now on when i visit, anyone who reads this PLEASE PLEASE register it really does only take a minit or two,

Super Moderator

Originally posted by guest_the gaffer@Nov 30 2003, 09:54 PM
    i tend to forget to log in
    when you sign in, you should enable the box that says always remember me, or always sign me in, or something like that, then each time you open the page, you will automatically be signed in. then you dont have to worry about posting aa a guest, you will always be under your username.

Beta

Originally posted by locustfurnace+Nov 30 2003, 09:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (locustfurnace @ Nov 30 2003, 09:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--guest_the gaffer@Nov 30 2003, 09:54 PM
    i tend to forget to log in
    when you sign in, you should enable the box that says always remember me, or always sign me in, or something like that, then each time you open the page, you will automatically be signed in. then you dont have to worry about posting aa a guest, you will always be under your username. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, that&#39;s what I do. I don&#39;t have to worry about logging back in unless my cookies get deleted.

Administrator

done that, will be logged in from now on , no more guesty posting from me, thanks chaps
    simply me

aem4162

just found you and registered at the same time...thanks for having a cool site

guest_bumper

dont forget this thread ,come on you folks register now

G.S. 4SPEEDBUMPS

Originally posted by guest_bumper @ Jan 27 2004, 01:58 PM
    dont forget this thread ,come on you folks register now
    thanks Legion (just cover)
    B.B.GIF[i]I.Y.D.L.T.K.O.T.W.T.T.S.I.O.O.B.[/b]