Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default What freebie site have you been enjoying lately? :D

Things that make you go Ahhhhh! :)

This one worked for me straight away! Well after I had removed the +sign & the international & area code off the number they gave me, just makes it easier for local callers :) .My elderly parents & others can now call without struggling with or booting up a computer.

Ring2Skype - Free SkypeIn Service- Have your number around the world for free

Pros: worked like it says! so cool happy happy joy joy :)
    Cons: haven't really found any yet, except maybe that number format, no big deal.

Of course my fear is you promote these sites and they get too big too fast & get bought out by the big guys! but of course they cant survive without promotion either, so its a bit catch 22, anyway enjoy while you can & spread the love of freebies.

Post what works for you, any comments welcome, post the pros & cons of the site you share. Please NOSPAM but of course I guess it will be a spam magnet, its up to you users to keep the Admin busy & report any spam.
    Come back & edit your post if you find a site no longer works or you discover more Pros/Cons.

Thanks & enjoy

Edit1 14,7,2010: Still working most of the time, sometimes callers cannot connect?? Don't know why & there is nothing you can do about it. I still give it 9 out of 10 & probably a paid for service still wouldn't be any better. Not for emergency calls ;) In my top five freebies ;)
    Last edited by Goslow; 07-14-2010 at 02:19 AM.

I just visited to get another number and saw they now have realtime support, not that I've really had any problems with ring2skype

NEWS: "Also, r2s.support: new Skype account for support. Feel free to add as for support in real time, via chat."

Also they are giving away money!!! Dec 20th What year!!! :)
    http://www.ring2skype.com/Contest