Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Auraki

I've been trying to install the newest version of mIRC for a while now, but my computer could never seem to get it to connect. So I tried an older version from this site; but whatever the problem was, an older version didn't help.

When I wanted to delete the newer version, I simply went to the add/remove window and voila, it was gone. But when I tried to delete the older version (5.5), it didn't even show up on the list. Is it okay to just to manually delete everything mIRC related on my computer? I really hate doing that because I don't know a whole lot about computers and I'm always afraid I'm going to delete some vital program that other programs depend upon. I figure that because the version is so old, maybe it won't show up on the list. But I have no clue if that's a good assumption.

And if anyone is interested in helping me fix the connection problem I'm having, I would appreciate it. I keep getting a "connection timed-out message." I've gone through the FAQs and 'Help' page, fiddled with settings and channels and servers, and I still can't figure out what's wrong. I was even told to make sure my "java" setting was enabled, and I did that as well.

I have Windows 98, a LAN connection (I live in a dorm and have a university server) and there aren't any firewall thingies (sorry) that I know of. As far as I know, my computer is a old Dell that has been upgraded by my father who likes to do stuff like that, then never explain what he did to it. I have 18.6 GB on my computer and 5.36 GB are free memory. That is all that I know. The only other knowledge I have is how to click a mouse. Can anybody help me? :unsure:

mokopuna

There may be some references to mirc still in the registry. Download Regcleaner from www.jv16.org, install and run the programme.
    If you do a search using Google there is a link to mirc which may help.