Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Can anyone help me please???

I attempted to download the new Realplayer SP into my computer (Windows 7 Pro). I am not that computer literate, really a novice.

The download went correctly.

The ads for Realplayer came up and played.

Their home page I was able to navigate around.

It seemed to be working fine.

I went to 'My Library'.

I pulled up all of my songs that are in the inventory.

I went to click on one of the songs and nothing happened.

In Windows 7, when you are loading something or waiting for the next event to appear, there is a little tiny circle that goes round and round until the download or activity is complete. Then the circle drops out of the picture and you move forward to do whatever you want on the computer.

In this instance, when I click on the song to play, the circle kinds of sputters like a car that is trying to get going on a cold winter morning.

I have never seen that happen before.............it just stutters and sputters and nothing ever happens.

Certainly the song never plays and when I try to click out of the file, it will not allow itself to be eliminated.

It is as if it were stuck.

I either have to shut down my computer to get the file to go away, or I delete the program from my computer and start all over again.

I run Mozilla Firefox with my windows 7 pro................can anyone help me to understand what is happening?

As you all know Realplayer is worthless in terms of support on this kind of stuff, unless you pay the $40.00 for their upgraded programs.

Release Candiate 2

since win 7 comes with media palyer 12 and i am asuning that win 7 decided to make that the default palyer fr all music you may nee dto ditch relaplyaer except for yuse inside a brwoser and use windows meida player 12 for paying music or hcange the file associations within windows that points to mediap player as default program to run these files

Administrator

you may to run real player in compatibility mode for windows xp,right click on your real player desktop icon and choose compatibility,then set it to run in compatibility for windows xp.
    simply me

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by the gaffer View Post
    you may to run real player in compatibility mode for windows xp,right click on your real player desktop icon and choose compatibility,then set it to run in compatibility for windows xp.
    since assumption is the other of all f**k ups go to your music files and right click on mouse and try to open with real player if that fails it will be one of several things.1: a lack of appropriate codecs to run said files.
    2:a compatability issue and so follow the quote above.

If neither of these work it may be you have had a corrupted download of the program and it is not functioning correctly or you have not installed it correctly in the first instance at which point remove program,reboot download again and re-install paying attention to any notices in regards making default application and installation of codecs and try again.