Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Cool Edit Pro 2.0 Issues! Help please

Im not sure if this is the right category. Im new and this program it technically removable so here i am.

Okay first I have cool edit pro 2.0 installed and ready to go no issues there. Im running it on what i think is a 2002-2004 toshiba laptop.
    my problem is that i am using a mixer that i plug my microphone into than from there two wires (that look like three prong wires you would plug into a tv for a video game console, these two are red and white) are plugged into the mixer as well and at the other end of the wire is a head phones jack. one a desktop tower it would be plugged into the speakers port in the back of the tower and thats how i have done it before and it worked fine. having a laptop that has two headphone size jacks available ( one for headphones the other has a microphone symbol next to it) and neither of them working properly is a bit of a problem.

Bottom line i have to ports for the jack and neither are letting sound travel through the microphone to the program and it being recorded.
    i HAVE checked to make sure my sound card mixer is set to record and i dont know if i should check the INPUT box or MICROPHONE box. ive tried both however and neither seem to do the trick.

if you know whats wrong or have any input at all it would be much appreciated thanks.