Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Acrobat Reader 2.0 vs 2.1

I am new to this forum but I love this website and have recommended it for a while. I have quite a few legacy systems running and have found this site very useful for years.

Anyway, I noticed that that the install program for Acrobat Reader is Acrobat 2.0 from October 1994. I have 2.1 from August 1995 on a disk and would like to contribute that version to be uploaded instead. This is because with 2.0 you receive an error "ATM Not Found", and is because 2.0 did not include ATM (Adobe Type Manager). However, the version that I have, 2.1, does include ATM.

So if anyone would like to upload this file to replace the one on here, I think that would be good. Just a suggestion. As it is, Acrobat 2.0 is useless because when running it on Windows 3.1 it requires ATM 3.x which is no longer available for download. So if someone is running an old system without ATM they are out of luck running Acrobat 2.0 because it is not possible to obtain a version of ATM that will run on Windows 3.1. Without ATM the program just opens, shows the error, and then closes. And only ATM 4.x is still available for download, and only for Windows 95/98/NT, not Windows 3.1.