Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    old-dog

does anyone have the boot disks for partition magic 7? or perhaps a link to where i might be able to find them?

Super Moderator

with Partition Magic, there is a option when you install the product to make the boot disks, it would be the DOS option.

But you already have a fine working partition program installed on your system, called FDISK. if not look for the Free program called FIPS, it does do resizing also.

FIPS is a program for non-destructive splitting of harddisk partitions.
    http://www.igd.fhg.de/~aschaefe/fips/

Ranish Partition Manager is a boot manager and hard disk partitioner.
    http://www.ranish.com/part/

Parted - GNU Parted is a program for creating, destroying, resizing, checking and copying partitions, and the file systems on them. This is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganising disk usage, copying data between hard disks and disk imaging.

http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/

and a few others can be found here, such as;

MS Fdisk For Hard Disks Greater Than 64 Gig
    AEFDISK 1.9 Get Rid Of NT, Linux Partitions, More
    DELPART Another Partition Deleter With a GUI
    BootitNG 1.3X Boot Mgr, Partitioner, Imaging
    Masterbooter + EFDISK 3.2 Boot Mgr And Partitioner
    CleanSlate 1.0 Partition/MBR Backup/Cleaner Tool
    Partition Managers Ranish 2.40 Zeleps 1.3.4
    FPsys 1.3 Recover Data From Lost Partitions

http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm

old-dog

my problem is XP. i had a 3-way boot system and the older OS's kinda died on me. XP is on partition #2 now since i was able to make the necessary changes within windows. however, i can't do anything about the C:\ drive as long as the computer identifies it as the system disk (includes fdisk) without messing up XP's installation (XP is installed on a LOGICAL drive).

Super Moderator

so the OS that died was identified as C:\
    and XP, which was on "D:\" will not boot since there is no longer a "c:"?

did you try deleteing the C: partition and making the Xp partition the bootable drive?
    if the C is deleted, in FDISK, it will make the next available drive C:

If you installed XP on D, did it install the bootloading instructions onto C: which would be lost if you lost C:

if you want to back up the data and move it to the proper place - C:
    you might want to try a program I use for everything called
    Partimage
    Partimage.org
    it doesnt copy the unused clusters so its faster and makes a great cloning tool. as well as a back up tool. it is run from a CD.

robroy1000

The only solution is a format and a clean install since your boot info was lost. XP shouldn't really be dual booted h34r: with old versions of windows 3.1/95/98/Me- only Win 2000. h34r: h34r: h34r: :lol: YOU COULD TRY REINSTALLING THE OLD O/S'S TO THERE ASSIGNED PARTION AND SEE IF THAT WORKS

Banned

Default Partition Magic can not be updated

PartitionMagic is a computer program for hard disk drive partitioning originally made by the PowerQuest corporation but now owned by Symantec, so it is can not updatd for a period of time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_Magic you can have a try of EASEUS Partition Manager which can help you to Resize and Move partitions, Create, Delete and Format partitions, Hide and Unhide partitions and much more. http://www.download3000.com/download...reg-18809.html

Beta

I'm not quite sure it was really worth resurrecting a 5 years old thread for that ...

Gold

Default What you need is version 8.10

Partition Magic 7.0 and earlier can't handle really large drive(s)/Partitions >= 120GB.

What you need is Partition Magic 8.10, (version 8.00 didn't support Linux EXT3) and had slight bug in it.

I have the CD and in bootable ISO FORMAT if someone will let me know how to donate it, I will.

Also have DriveImage 7.01 (version 7.00 also had same bug as PM8, and needed an updated CD.) unfortunately you can't ISO the CD, Even UltraISO 9 can't do it.

But What I have done is create a version 7.10, that if you have the original 7.00 or 7.01 CD will allow you to boot to version 7.03. By changing CDs at the 'halt' point (usually where it looks for a network.)

If you guys want these then let me know via the sysops, and get them to tell me how to donate to them, cos I also have Adobe Acrobat (versions) that are not in their list.

Cheers & Take Care
    TCW

Gold

Default Forgot To Add

Will NOT see RAID drives (in any order) from boot CD/Floppy Diskettes, only IDE & SATA.

Also DOES NOT WORK in Vista!

Use XP Tools to create vista drives etc.

Then PM8.01 to modify from within XP, once all is completed THEN install VISTA.

OK...

?

Chow

TCW

Beta

WTF ?
    Stop spamvertising, please ;(