Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default Oldversion should have stuck with the old version of oldversion.

Trying to download iTunes 5 (avoiding the bloat of the later versions). 'Tried several versions and get a message that the download is "done" after downloading file name and zero kb of the file.

'Tried to download the earliest version and it kicks me back to the page that lists all of the versions "available" every time the download is supposed to start.

Bummer.

Sorry you're having problems. We just transitioned over yesterday and we're still working out some kinks, one of which is that files over 50mB are not indexing properly. This will be fixed later in the evening. Hang tight! I'd be happy to email you an older version of iTunes in the mean-time if you let me know which one you want.

This new design will allow our users to contribute more efficiently and it incorporates features which have been requested from us for the past few years, such as minimum system requirements and OS information. Give it some time!

In the mean-time, I am sorry for the problems you're currently experiencing with it.

robbnj,

I agree. I had a few links on my web page (that I use for when I am at the library and using their computers) so that I didn't need to come back here all the time. Now my links are useless and now I have to click more to get to where I want.

oldversion doesn't doesn't work efficiently anymore and seems to require new hardware to work. :-(

Joe

We transitioned over to a redesign so that people would be able to contribute files more easily as well as have access to more information (OS compatibility for the most part/release dates, comment on software, etc.).

Users with an incompatible browser are automatically redirected to a stripped down version of the site, so that it may work for them too.

I'd be happy to take suggestions on how to improve your experience so that you are satisfied with the iteration of the site. For the most part, it's been very well received and people are utilizing the submission process. Our archive has grown over 100 files in the past week alone..with the old site -- these types of updates to the archive were impossible.