Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Classic AIM Connection Patch

Tonight AOL discontinued connection service for AIM 5.5
    I have patched a file and fixed this problem.

Please enjoy my workaround.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L98UE23F

As well as AIM 5.5 with all adware removed, cloning, logging, and tabbed messaging enabled. (connection patch already applied)
    All features enableable/disableable (more features than DeadAim)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UTD11BBL
    Last edited by PimpUigi; 10-02-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Default Hero of the day

I signed up here just to write this: My friend and I had been searching tirelessly for a replacement for aim ever since they started blocking all the earlier versions. We tried upgrading and absolutely despised it. Tried Pidgin, old versions of Gaim, TerraIM, Trillian, etc etc and didn't like any of them. All I wanted was to keep using the same old instant messenger I'd been using for years. Thanks to you I can. Really, thanks a lot.

Hey! All thanks appreciated!

Thank you so much. It was driving me nuts; not to mention the fact that searching had been fruitless for a while now. I deeply appreciate it.

Not to be a bother, but this seems to have broken compatibility with DeadAIM, is there a reason for that? AIMutation works fine, for now, but it has some oddness with linked accounts. I don't mean to complain, though, and if I have to get used to this I will.

Explained very well and good links to it.

Default Way to up my hope.

I have NO idea what to do, it wont let me copy to anything and it still doesnt work. F+

Default I wasn't trying to be rude.

I had to register an account here to let you know that it absolutely doesn't work.
    I tried on 2 other computers. I need old aim that much that I am googling like a maniac.

Also on my firewalls it says its not safe and a high risk.
    Last edited by YoureOnTheMenu; 01-29-2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: because I needed to add about how its a high risk danger to download the first link

Default hmm.

Was that your attempt at wit, or are you just that creepy?

Gold

Default Great Forum

Glad I found this place...

Gold

Default Bump

Interesting...