Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Firewall

Thracken

I need some firewall that is compatible with Windows 95b. The current Zone Alarm version isn't. Is there a version of it (or some other one) that is compatible with it?

Super Moderator

• GoldTach FREE, is a series of mini-sized and powerful Personal Firewall that integrates 4 functions,namely: Firewall, Process Commnication Control, E-mail Protection and Webpage Content Filtration.
    • Armour2net Shareware, features a firewall, spyware detector, pop-up blocker, grant and deny access to Internet on a per-application basis, thus preventing worm, Trojan horse and spyware programs from hurting your computer.
    • BartWare Personal Firewall is a freeware firewall that blocks unwanted traffic. You can specify any local ports, remote ports and IP addresses you want to block or allow. You can also forward traffic to a remote computer. It blocks up to 434 known trojans, worms and key loggers and auto updates the port definitions automatically on start up.
    • Look 'n' Stop personal firewall offers a highly secured protection with a double filter at Internet and Application levels.
    • SmartFirewall.com© Personal Edition is a comprehensive stateful firewall solution built to protect Windows-based systems not currently protected by a firewall.
    • Kerio's WinRoute Firewall Kerio's WinRoute Firewall is an Internet access management solution that provides industry-leading security for networks of all sizes.
    • Omniquad Personal Firewall FREE, 4-level packet filter firewall protection for the local network / dial up/ ASDL and cable modem connections
    • Sysgate Firewall
    • Outpost FREE, Agnitum has released Outpost Firewall, a FREE, powerful personal firewall for Windows. Outpost Firewall gives peace of mind from any threats by cookies, banner ads, e-mail viruses, backdoors, spyware, crackers, adware, and virtually every other Internet danger. Unlike other personal firewalls, Outpost starts protecting against all kinds of internal and external attacks as soon as it's installed. This is the first firewall with an open architecture and support for plug-ins, so its capabilities can easily be extended by thousands of developers worldwide
    • VisNetic
    • Conseal PC
    • PC Viper
    • PortGate Shareware, is full-featured Firewall Software for your Windows 2000 / 2003 Servers.

• Older versions of Sygate Personal

and check here for a larger listing
    http://www.webmasterfree.com/software/Secu...sonalFirewalls/
    a starting place.

With computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, and other forms of malicious program becoming more prevalent, the risk to your computer is amplified. To protect themselves, millions of users rely on Grisoft and its award-winning line of AVG Anti-Virus software. We are proud to announce the latest addition to the AVG product family: AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall. The firewall gives you control of communication between your computer and the world outside your computer as well as providing protection from hackers and data thieves. Prior to its release, a Beta version of AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall is being made available for evaluation purposes. We hope that you will participate in the Beta trial and provide us with your valuable feedback.

AVG Anti-Virus provides advanced virus detection methods and components including heuristic analysis, generic detection, scanning, and integrity checking. The new firewall is an integral component of AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall and is accessible via the AVG Control Center. Safeguarding the computer on which it is installed, the firewall helps to maintain privacy and protects personal identifiable information from being sent from your computer without your permission.

AVG Anti-Virus plus Firewall Features

Hides your computer completely before the eyes of the Internet predators

Configuration wizard upon setup creates all rules automatically

Manual Firewall configuration via an easy-to-handle dialog environment

User friendly

Automatic high-speed updates

Low demand on system resources maximizes performance

Supported platforms are Win 98/Me/NT/2000/XP
    Download

Supported platforms are Win 98/Me/NT/2000/XP[/QUOTE]
    Download [/QUOTE]

dude i think you missed the boat, the op asked for a firewall for windows 95b

Super Moderator

Originally posted by straight talker@Apr 27 2005, 06:21 AM
    dude i think you missed the boat, the op asked for a firewall for windows 95b
    No, I merged the threads, and changed the topic for a general firewall thread.

my apologies, even i miss the boat sometimes LOL

jake

that was kinda confusing