Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micrografx

Metal80s

I use to use this program Micrographix in the late 90s. It was the greatest it was so easy to use. You could make animations, or edit pictures, lots of cool effects. I painted some flames in the background of some of my pictures with it and I still have those pictures on my computer they looks so wild. You didn't need to have a BA in computers to use it like Adobe Photoshop. If anyone has this program or knows where to get it please please message me.

Please read: How To Request An App and add the required information back to your post. You can do this with the EDIT feature.

Super Moderator

Micrografx PhotoMagic, is indeed a good app. I have it on 2 CD's, different versions, both came with the various scanners I bought back in '97. Yes, there are some features which are much faster to do than using Adobe Photoshop, such as cloning and layering, (don't need to worry about layering masks or levels, Just copy and paste onto existing images and it works fast.) I still have it installed on a Win98 box today. I mostly use The Gimp now though.

Micrografx PhotoMagic, used to be in a retail box, which for $50, you could get the paint program, an animation program, a 3D program and a ton of manuals, the retail box had to weigh in at about 25lbs!

Micrografx was acquired by Corel.

Since this software never was shareware or freeware - to the best my of knowledge, it could never be hosted, or offered for downloading on this site.

You can find Micrografx Picture Publisher, which most likely is the later versions of PhotoMagic, on ebay.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...0599805-9360817

related thread:
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...034&hl=microgra

Metal80s

I searched the whole web no one has it I know Micrographix merged with Corel but someone somewhere has to have the orginal Micrographix. I need this program I hate Adobe amd Ulead and Photoshop these are the most difficult programs I have ever used. I speant 4 hours reading to try and find how to paint some flames in the background of a picture something I could do in 30 seconds with Micrographix and after reading for 4 hours I still didn't learn how to do it. Who knew trying to make a cool logo for your webpage would be so fricking hard. If anyone Micrographix from the late 90s before they merged with Corel and got ruined, please please please msg me or email me. I'll trade you anything for it! Screw all difficult art and graphics programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal80s View Post
    I searched the whole web no one has it I know Micrographix merged with Corel but someone somewhere has to have the orginal Micrographix. I need this program I hate Adobe amd Ulead and Photoshop these are the most difficult programs I have ever used. I speant 4 hours reading to try and find how to paint some flames in the background of a picture something I could do in 30 seconds with Micrographix and after reading for 4 hours I still didn't learn how to do it. Who knew trying to make a cool logo for your webpage would be so fricking hard. If anyone Micrographix from the late 90s before they merged with Corel and got ruined, please please please msg me or email me. I'll trade you anything for it! Screw all difficult art and graphics programs.

PM me if you like !!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveIt View Post
    PM me if you like !!
    extract from the FAQ section

Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
    simply me

PicturePublisher10 was offered as shareware.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveIt View Post
    PicturePublisher10 was offered as shareware.
    it perhaps was, the point i was aiming at was the op was asking for the original micrografx program which wasnt.
    simply me

Default 8 4 free

I got 8 for free in a magazine. I have it and used the program every day. But a extra part of it, for making internetsites, is lost.

Default Where can I purchase this program??

Quote Originally Posted by locustfurnace View Post
    Micrografx PhotoMagic, is indeed a good app. I have it on 2 CD's, different versions, both came with the various scanners I bought back in '97. Yes, there are some features which are much faster to do than using Adobe Photoshop, such as cloning and layering, (don't need to worry about layering masks or levels, Just copy and paste onto existing images and it works fast.) I still have it installed on a Win98 box today. I mostly use The Gimp now though.

Micrografx PhotoMagic, used to be in a retail box, which for $50, you could get the paint program, an animation program, a 3D program and a ton of manuals, the retail box had to weigh in at about 25lbs!

Micrografx was acquired by Corel.

Since this software never was shareware or freeware - to the best my of knowledge, it could never be hosted, or offered for downloading on this site.

You can find Micrografx Picture Publisher, which most likely is the later versions of PhotoMagic, on ebay.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-h...0599805-9360817

related thread:
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...034&hl=microgra
    WHERE CAN I BUY THIS OLDER PROGRAM? i HAVE USED IT FOR YEARS AMY pc CRASHED. i WOUKD LIKE ANOTHER COPY. PLEASE HELP ME GET A COPY.