Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thorpe

I downloaded the new MSN Messenger the other day and it took ages to open it up and send messages too. So I have decided not to keep. I have used an older version instead (works much faster). Everytime something new comes out it takes up more space on your computer. :angry:

If you have a fast computer then you should download the new MSN Messenger 6.0 because it has got webcam, 1-to-1 chat and games which you can play whilst chatting against another player.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Thorpe@Jun 30 2003, 01:33 PM
    I downloaded the new MSN Messenger the other day and it took ages to open it up .......
    If you have a fast computer then you should download the new MSN Messenger 6.0 because it has got webcam, 1-to-1 chat and games which you can play whilst chatting against another player.
    well from your post i can see exactly why it took forever to open, you explained that porblem very well. all that extra stuff will make it slow to start, since all those services must be started, ports opened.

TheBulbasaurfreak

I agree, it takes ages to load on my 550 Mhz 128 sdram dell computer!

i agree msn 6.0 is shit i installed it on my pc i got a 1.8mhz with 256 ddr ram and when i load it up it still shits itself after it openz a few chatz the msn frezzez and u gotta start all over again i would have to say that 5.0 is the most reliable

hmm had no probs 'till now w/ msn 6.0, works perfectly. in fact, i had the feeling that it's faster than the previous versions :]

jte

I'm behind a firewall and I use a socks server to get out. Old versions of Messenger, including 5.0, have worked just fine. V6.0 won't even let me sign in to the .NET messenger service, so I can't comment on how it looks or runs. I'm going back to v5.0....

Mr X!

:angry: :angry: h34r: i dloaded msn 6.0, and it waz great, and fast, foabout 4 days when it f**ked everything up, i tried to re-dload it, and then when i would sign in, it would dissapear, and then if i tried to dload 5.0, it would say i am trying to dload 6.0 which i wazn't, even after deleted all msn and related folders, and corrupt cab files! get goin on fixin it,don't bother putting out for ppl to dload if its just gunna mess everything up! :angry: :angry:

MR X!!!!!

God, Hurry up and fix this thing, so i can get the msn 5.0 back PLEASE! god, i hate talkin t my friends thro hotmail, its soo boring and stupid, makes me wanna AHH! do yer job! FIX IT!!!!!!!!!&#3 3;!!!!! :angry:

Super Moderator

Originally posted by MR X!!!!!@Jul 31 2003, 09:35 PM
    God, Hurry up and fix this thing, so i can get the msn 5.0 back PLEASE! god, i hate talkin t my friends thro hotmail, its soo boring and stupid, makes me wanna AHH! do yer job! FIX IT!!!!!!!!!&#3 3;!!!!! :angry:
    do yer job??? i dont recall anyone paying for this site to be updated. this is a FREE project of a few people. and they got other things they need to do, this is a COURTESY for you.
    If you want the site updated faster, toss a $$ their way an maybe they will oblige you. Otherwise thank them for their current work and look somewhere else that might host it.
    If you had registered, then you would have provided an email address, where someone, such as myself, who locates these files, could email them to you, otherwise i can not assist you in what you seek, since I do not have any other way to send you a file that you are requesting.

DigitalX

I have MSN 6.0, its loads fast enogh for my not to notice any slowness. you must be running something thats really using system resources.

my specs:
    Pentium 3/500
    128MB DDR RAM