Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

em10987654321

Greetings,

I came across oldversion.com when searching for a place to archive some old Macintosh software that I have. I really don't want to erase the 30 or so floppies (yes, that old) if I have something valuable, but they are taking up physical space that I can't afford.

I understand that this site only deals with Windows software, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of where this data could be permanently stored and made accessible to others. Or for that matter, I'd like to know if oldversion.com would be willing to start collecting Mac software.

Best,
    E~

Eric
    Minneapolis

Super Moderator

There are alot of places that archive mac data already. and the files you have on floppy might not be shareware. If it is, thats good. if you wanted to share it with some site, all of it must be compressed with stuffit, or similar, so that the resource fork is also included in the containter, since PC's do not understand the resource forking of the mac's files metadata.

Then I guess another question would be, is the software for PPC, 68k, or earlier? I have several 5 1/4 floppys filled with software for my Apple II/C. but non is shareware - i believe that software would pre-date any idea of shareware.

Apple does do a good job of offering alot of their software and even their old Operating System for download on their ftp site. I had obtained Apple OS 7.5 from the Apple ftp site. Unlike Microsoft, which would never offer even their Windows 1.0 for free downloading off their site.

But i do not run Old Version, so i can not say if they would offer Mac software on this site. Maybe Ablix will answer your post. guess you will just have to wait and see.

Magic Pencil

I'm not requesting any specific Macintosh programs, but I am requesting that you create a special section for Macintosh software as well. Everything at oldversion.com seems to be only for Windows (so far).

Thanks.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by FAQS@ http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php
    Do you only provide software for Windows?
    Yes. We currently do not provide software for any other operating systems. We also do not provide versions in languages other than English.

Banned

Hello

I want to share my experience as a sad little spammer! Bravo!

yours
    Paul Kohlenberg
    Spammer
    Last edited by The Doctor; 08-14-2009 at 09:36 AM.