Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOS AOL Suites

Super Moderator

I would have to say he is a member who has taken the time to understand the way the board works, how it is used by its members. Which many people never do.
    He is absolutely correct, If you want to distribute warez this is not the place for it.
    If you are using Oldversions board for such actions you will be banned.

I am a moderator.

Illegal Concepts

but why does it say by "group" it shows you as a member? Other sites give out crazy names like "super moderators" "global Moderators" etc.

No I'm not using this forum for warez, I got other forums for that.

I go now.

Beta

The user name Illegal Concepts and the general demeanour of the worthless posts by this member borders on Trolling

Thankfully that ridiculous signature has disappeared.

Illegal Concepts

Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Oct 13 2004, 02:22 PM
    The user name Illegal Concepts and the general demeanour of the worthless posts by this member borders on Trolling

Thankfully that ridiculous signature has disappeared.
    ridiculous heh? they offered other types of Abandonware and updates for OS'es, and a few Copyrighted files(used with permission) much like this site does. Hey, they got a C&D from MS a few months back,they cleaned up, they are as legal as legal can be.
    Ok, well seems like I'm not welcomed here, I'm gone, just no interesting post over here, I've tried to fire up the users, but seems like no one wants to participate in disscussions.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Illegal Concepts@Oct 14 2004, 03:40 AM
    they offered other types of Abandonware and updates for OS'es, and a few Copyrighted files(used with permission) much like this site does. Hey, they got a C&D from MS a few months back,they cleaned up, they are as legal as legal can be.
    Ok, well seems like I'm not welcomed here, I'm gone, just no interesting post over here, I've tried to fire up the users, but seems like no one wants to participate in disscussions.
    Abandonware borders mostly on illegal. No matter what, if the title is copyrighted, no one but the copyright holder has any rights to decide on how it can be distributed. Just saying a software title is abandoned by its developers does not give anyone else the right to offer it for downloading, Copyrights last a long long time. The only thing 'abandoned' is the customer.

This site does not offer any other software except Freeware or shareware titles. To say that the other site is clean as clean can be, the reason the sig was removed from your profile was that the site did offer Kazaa downloads. If you take the time to read the pdf, Sharman Networks vs Oldversion.com, you will see why there is no longer any software or links to kazaa software here.

No one said your not welcomed, but people have been posting here a long time, not everyone likes disruptions, since they see alot of people fly in on this board, post dozens of comments all over the board, offering nothing, but just trying to rock the boat.
    For the most part, this board just deals with locating software titles for other people, not for general chit-chatting. There are over 434 topics started in the general (chit-chat) section. While there is over 1,400 in the requests.

john14x2

this is a MS-DOS version / IBM PC compatibles AOL 1.6, "MacintoshLCIII" is just my user name at compuserve's free webspace...

sum1

thanks john, i've been lookin for a copy of this for years