Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlook Express

Legends2

Default Outlook Express

Looking for outlook express version 5 anyone know where I can get one.

Beta

Originally posted by Legends2@Nov 5 2002, 05:54 PM
    Looking for outlook express version 5 anyone know where I can get one.

I don't know where you can get Microsoft Outlook Express v5 by itself, however, you can download Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 (which is the latest version) and CHECK ONLY the box to install Microsoft Outlook Express v6 (well that's if you don't need to update your current version of Microsoft Internet Explorer).

If you still insist on getting Microsoft Outlook Express v5, then you might consider downloading Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 SP2 and CHECK ONLY Outlook Express. This would download and install Outlook Express 5 only.
    NOTE: You should already have Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or later to install Outlook Express only.

For more Microsoft downloads (even MS-DOS 6.22 is can be downloaded, first make sure that you are searching by product, second select MS-DOS as the operating system, then select MS-DOS v6.22 as the product, last select Show Results for All Downloads, click the link "MS-DOS 6.2 Step-up Files", now download the file), go to the Microsoft Download Center.

//edited so the image does not come from Microsoft's site -ABlix

Last edited by lightsup55 at Nov 6 2002, 09:49 AM

OE

Assuming you're using Windows 98[SE], and didn't install Outlook Express, you should simply be able to go to:

c:\program files\outlook express\setup50.exe

That should do it.

If you don't have Win98[SE], you can probably find it somewhere on microsoft (I won't bother posting a bunch of links as there are several in the previous post)

Legends2

I clicked the setup50.exe nothing happened.

Batty

Hmph. Well that's dumb.

Here's something I don't know why I didn't think of before...(I'm very sure that this should work)

(Again, assuming you're using Windows 98[SE])

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Windows Setup tab > Check the box by "Outlook Express". Click "OK", it might ask you for the Windows CD-ROM, or wherever your Windows setup CAB's are stored.

rightb03

Could listings of any past versions of Outlook Express be posted here? Thanks

Aaron

I'm running windows 2000 service pack 3 with internet explorer 5.5 and outlook express 5.5 but I want to use outlook express 4. Does anyone know where I can download outlook express 4? I've been looking for it everywhere, but havn't found anything.

mokopuna

You will probably have to get a copy of IE4. It's about 35MB if you have to download it. http://5star.freeserve.com:8080/search has a copy, but if you can get hold of an early ISP ddisk you will find it on there.

Beta

Or you could download one of the versions of Internet Explorer that http://browsers.evolt.org/ has and you'll be able to install Outlook Express 4 at the same time.

Beta

Just remember to select ONLY the Outlook Express component.