Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Java

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Snake_byte@Jul 19 2005, 03:25 PM
    I think Javas of kinds should be featured on the Oldversion site.
    Already mentioned, topic merged.

IvanX

Speaking as a Java developer, I can say: please don't use the MS JVM unless you really, really need to. I understand that it is a little more seamlessly integrated into Windows than the Sun JVM, but it's based on the Sun Java 1.1.4 (ancient history), and it's full of security holes. One of the reasons so many Java apps out there suck is that they have to stay compatible with this ancient JVM. The newer versions of Java released by Sun offer vast improvements for developers (and therefore for the applications they write). And you can download any version of the Sun JRE from their site from the links posted elsewhere in this thread.

(With all that said, the MS JVM would still be a worthwhile addition to the site, as it's that classic popular-but-no-longer-available type application.)

Ivan.

Snake_byte

I swear I posted a thread saying that Oldversion.com needed Java but I can't find it... Oh well - Oldversion.com Needs Java!

Edited: What the hell? Why is it just 2 posts above this one!? I began a thread with that post...

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Snake_byte@Jul 21 2005, 03:07 PM
    I swear I posted a thread saying that Oldversion.com needed Java but I can't find it... Oh well - Oldversion.com Needs Java!

Edited: What the hell? Why is it just 2 posts above this one!? I began a thread with that post...
    Right, and the thread you started was merged into this thread. We do not want hundreds of duplicate threads scattered throughout the boards, so all duplicate requests are merged, this makes it far easier to locate with the search engine. Plus, eliminates doing a scavenger hunt to find what's been posted in regards to someones file request.
    It is also stated, to search before posting in the pinned topic - Howto Request an App.

wingdover

Hi all,

I am new here. U guys are genius, how u actually find all the links? can u teach me?

Zootopia3000

MSJVM 3810 Installer

Readme:
    "MSJVM 3810 with installer from 3805
    Will install on Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4 or later), Windows XP (any service pack), and possibly Windows 9X/ME (I haven't tried it).
    Requires only one (ONE!) step to install. No need to have previous installed version of MSJVM."

Download Link:
    http://snipurl.com/MSJVM_3810_Installer

Default Old Sun Java needed

I downloaded the newest Sun Java and I am having problems with it. Does anyone have any idea where I can find an older version to download and install?

Any and all help will be very appreciated. Thanks!

Cajun

Release Candiate 1

Default Old Sun Java needed

Besides Old Version, you also can download them from Sun

Old Versions of Java -Sun

As much as a wish every bug release of Java was perfect, some versions work better than others. For example, a number of our customers have had some sincere problems with Java 1.4.2_05. Therefore, we roll back to 1.4.2_03 typically.

The problem is always finding these version on Sun's site which is damn near impossible to navigate some times. For those looking for them, here is a link to the Java Archive.

Never fret! When you need to get that JDK 1.1 release, it's there.

Archive Java[tm] Technology Products Download

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/index.html

This page organizes final releases of Java Technology downloads by platform.

http://java.sun.com/downloads/index.html