Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jv16 Powertools

Lance

Hello Forum,
    Jv16 PowerTools upgraded there version and its now payware with 30 day trial.
    Im looking for the older version 1.3.0.196 the new version being 1.4 some d/l
    sites have it listed as 1.3.0.196 but after u run to d/l it gives u the payware
    version 1.4.
    Does anyone have any idea where i can find the older version i listed?
    Thanks

Lance,
    Hit this URL http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...G=Google+Search

The first entry is jv16.org. Click on the word "Cached" (3rd line down) and you can download the previous version.

Barbara-Ann

bdjjr

Lance,

Believe it or not, Jouni Vuorio had a jv16 Power Tools version 1.4 briefly available on his old website. That was before the move to the 30-day trial. I haven't downloaded the newest v1.4 to see if they have the same features.

If you would like a copy e-mailed to you, just let me know.

P.S. - I am also saddened by the apparent "dumping" of RegCleaner. It is a great program.

bdjjr

I was most likely inebriated during my previous post.

I went back and installed my copy of v1.4. There was no mention in the license agreement of the program being limited to 30 days.

However, once I installed it (I never got around to using it before - I always just used RegCleaner), I found a small "Time-Limited" notice on the main window.

Sorry about that.

Stephan

I just noticed that version 1.4 of my favourite Registry cleaner "jv16 Powertools" has gone from freeware to commercial
    I did find on the web references to what must have been the last release in the freeware era: v1.3.196.
    Unfortunately nowhere available for download, as all download references cunningly refer to the current 30-day trial of v1.4.

Does anyone know where to dig v1.3.96?

Stephan

Super Moderator

I believe I do have the file. If you register or post an email address i think i can send you it. If you are interested i will post the version # i have. Since i can't rem off the top of my head.

keyshawn

i also have it as well, if you need it still, just pm me.

Just mailed jv16 1.3 to the oldversion address. The license says 'Unlicensed version of jv16 PowerTools may be freely distributed provided that it is not modified in any ways' so there's no reason not to put it on this site.

Stephan

Alright, we are getting somewhere!

Thank you Keyshawn and 666,
    If you could send me the ZIP, that would be much appreciated.

Dear oldversion.com Admin,
    I would recomment making jv16 Powertools v1.3.196 available for download.
    I agree with 666 that the license does not contain any barriers for doing so.

Stephan

keyshawn

hey stephie,

sent you the e-mail; if you have any probs, just reply back.

PS: for anyone else, you can download it up at http://users.adelphia.net/~njtlsite/

cya,
    keyshawn