Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow@Aug 6 2003, 01:30 AM
    Though I am surprised at you, it must be a typo, surely AND was supposed to read OR :P
    yes, if you do solve your riddle, and find a worth while app, post it
    Right, because you will either solve it, OR find an app. So it should have read as you pointed out.
    I am going to guess you will solve it, AND post a SOLUTION which is not a software, but a personal experience solution.

I am quite sure you will post the remedy in GOSLOW fashion as well, for those others who don't like when one skimps over the how-to's details.

Super Moderator

I think i found the app you need (ofcourse if your still needing/wanting this sort of app&#33

TICK (previously called TICK98) is probably the ultimate freeware dial up enhancer for Windows 95/98/NT4/2000/XP or Millennium-Me.
    Sound an alarm when you connect and disconnect.
    free too!
    http://www.reallyeffective.co.uk/tick_features.html

Yes I'm still needy ;-)
    And I'll add it to the other two I have bookmarked for more through investigation if I decide to go the application route (which incidentally you led me away from) though admitedly I'm a little stalled on any other options at the moment & have it on the slow burner.

free too!
    That makes me happy

Below
    Just ME making assumptions again
    just ignore if I'm being an as*hole.
    probably the ultimate freeware dial up enhancer
    Who's words are these I really prefer user reviews to any promo material I know you do alot but perhaps it could be identfied as such , I suppose if/when I visted the site I'd probably see for myself.
    Anyway thanks I dont mean to griizzle :P
    I've probably have suppressed memories of being abused by a salesperson. re: my member title

More to the point I'm surprised more download managers dont have an intergrated alarm feature (assuming again that there is atleast one)

I better do something useful and link to a relevant threadOldversion.com Forums Download Resuming Programs

just edited the bits that made sense lol

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow@Sep 11 2003, 09:53 AM
    Below
    Just ME making assumptions again
    just ignore if I'm being an as*hole.
    probably the ultimate freeware dial up enhancer
    Who's words are these I really prefer user reviews to any promo material I know you do alot but perhaps it could be identfied as such , I suppose if/when I visted the site I'd probably see for myself.
    The words are not mine, I never used the app, have no reason to run a DUN app when i got no longer have Dial-up.
    I had been putting the "website comments" in italics, to show they are quoted, but when i did that the last time, they were rather difficult to read. Maybe I will see what can be done with the code and underline or something else to set the comments apart from Normal user text.

Even though you have this project on the back burner, you could use the program while trying to figure it out, and maybe by running their app you can investigate while it is running, and see what it does, which might give some useable clues.

Off Topic:

If you're quoting a source, why not just use the forum code to make it obvious....For instance this forum code:
    Code:
    [QUOTE=http://www.reallyeffective.co.uk/tick_features.html]
    [i]TICK (previously called TICK98) is probably the ultimate [b]freeware[/b] dial up enhancer for Windows 95/98/NT4/2000/XP or Millennium-Me. [/i]
    [b]Sound an alarm when you connect and disconnect.[/b]
    free too![/QUOTE]
    Will appear as:

Originally posted by http://www.reallyeffective.co.uk/tick_features.html

TICK (previously called TICK98) is probably the ultimate freeware dial up enhancer for Windows 95/98/NT4/2000/XP or Millennium-Me.
    Sound an alarm when you connect and disconnect.
    free too!

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Pete@Sep 12 2003, 01:19 PM
    Off Topic:If you're quoting a source, why not just use the forum code to make it obvious....For instance this forum code:
    thanks for the tip, I tried it before, on a posting sometime after this as well. but I really dont like using the quote for snips off the websites.
    I'll prollly just stick with the italics.
    I'll just keep the quoting for quoting other peoples posts and italics for file descriptions.
    would like to set things apart and not over do the message with any 1 of the same markups.