Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default fix computer errors

I have windows 98 and have a lot of errors on my computer can someone tell me is there a free site I can go to to download free software to correct this..cannot download shockwave without correcting errors.. thank you

Administrator

Hi there,Welcome to the forums.
    You could start off with a registry clean up as this often cures loads of errors from left behind registry keys etc.Things left behind when software etc is removed,Try a search of the forums for regcleaner that will remove unnecessary registry entries.For a thorough clean up of your hard drive then i would recommend buying the winoptimiser suite from www.ashampoo.com it is relatively cheap and does a fantastic job.
    simply me

Good luck....Welcome to the site!
    Last edited by The Dude; 04-06-2009 at 08:46 PM.

That's a nice post. Thank you for sharing. Now a days there is a lot of computer usage and people are facing my PC error messages popping up and making the PC system crash. I would suggest to give the computer a make over by scanning the PC with Registry optimizer as it is good for restoring the speed and performance of the PC. Save the Computer before it's too late

Release Candiate 1

Default fix computer errors

As to the suggesstion of using a Regisitry Cleaner, I will point you to
    these articles,

wisdom of using registry cleaners for routine cleaning

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?
    25 Nov
    Posted by Blair in Windows
    OK, so is it safe to use a registry cleaner? Or, are they a no-no? Thank you.

Do I need a Registry Cleaner? | What the Tech

##################################################

Why your registry doesn’t need cleaning
    · Date: November 29th, 2007
    · Author: Mike Mullins

Why your registry doesn't need cleaning | IT Security | TechRepublic.com

#############################################

Why I don’t use registry cleaners

Published April 19, 2005 by Ed Bott

Why I don’t use registry cleaners | Ed Bott’s Windows Expertise |

#############################################

If you have many many errors and have used the computer a long time,
    a good back up of of you documents, photos and settiings you want ,
    a re-fomat and a clean install is the solution. I have heard real several
    times that this should be done at least once a year for optimal performance.

Release Candiate 2

Default easy 98 fix its also free

Hello this is sort of like cheating but it will fix all 98 errors simply click start then run, type in sfc then let it run it will ask for the 98Cd to fix all the screwed up settings, then reboot after its done running should fix most errors. the other option is jsut run the cd and let it setup 98 agian it will not erase your data jsut clean out windows like its jsut been installed
    however the 3 things you NEED to save before doing this are
    1 favorites
    2 my docs folder it will be replaced
    3any upgrades will have to be done by you and it would help if you ahve the service pax for it if not let me know I have them all

Default Win 98 errors

originally posted by denicelooking4u
    fix computer errors
    I have windows 98 and have a lot of errors on my computer can someone tell me is there a free site I can go to to download free software to correct this..cannot download shockwave without correcting errors.. thank you
    In my experience, reformatting the hard drive should be a last resort, not a first choice. The registry cleaning that others have suggested is a possiblity for clearing errors. Before doing that, though, you should check how much free space you have on your partitions, particularly C:. The general rule of thumb is that if you have less than 10% free space you are likely to have problems. If you have less than 10% you need to free up some of it. This can often be done by removing old temp files, by removing programs you aren't using any more, or by backing up and removing data. If there's just too much data, you can also buy an additional hard drive (make sure it's compatible with your system) and move excess data there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Williams View Post
    That's a nice post. Thank you for sharing. Now a days there is a lot of computer usage and people are facing my PC error messages popping up and making the PC system crash. I would suggest to give the computer a make over by scanning the PC with Registry optimizer as it is good for restoring the speed and performance of the PC. Save the Computer before it's too late
    Hello Fred,

I absolutely agree with you, when the computer is new then there will be no error messages which will be displayed and the system will be smooth and problem free, later when there are many softwares installed then the registry which is used by the computer the get the instructions for any task will get filled up by the manual of the software installed. This installations will make the registry complicated and then end up showing lots of error messages... This is when your computer needs a registry repair...

There are a lot of safe and fast Registry cleaning tools available in the market. This would allow you to fix your registry and make your PC’s performance back to the way it was when you bought it. With just a few easy steps, you will find the problems caused by invalid entries. This would then give you a list of the errors found, choose to repair each item or just automatically repair them all.

Default Fix Computer Errors

Hi,

Registry cleaners are available in some online store and you can be sure that this is the best tool that you can install on your computer because this product is designed to be used without difficulty. Upon using this program you will be amazed and shocked that there are some unwanted registries that are not needed on your Computer. In just one click you will not anymore face any problems and difficulties on your Computer all you have to do is to wait and they will just fix the problem immediately. It is surely that your Computer will perform very well because it is already clean and fixed.

Default Re:My Reply

There's a program called advanced system care that is available from iobit, that may work. I use it, and it corrected many Registry errors, junk file errors, etc. Head over to the site, and check it out for yourself. IObit SystemCare | Computer Scan, Protection & Repair | Powerful PC Maintenance