Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

tran

I accidentally deleted realplayer, which caused my real jukebox stop working. I am very pleased to find rjukebox20 from the site and downloaded into my PC (I like realjukebox because I can use the iQFx software to boost the bass sound).
    However, when I try to install it, an error window occurred: "access to the specified device, path or file denied". It seems that the rjukebox needed to "contact" REAL Networks for more info, and was turned.

Can please show me a way to install rjukebox20. thanks.

Tran

Tran

I should also add that my PC is a Dell, XPS T500, running Windows 98 ME

Super Moderator

Originally posted by tran+Aug 11 2003, 12:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tran @ Aug 11 2003, 12:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>(I like realjukebox because I can use the iQFx software to boost the bass sound).[/b]

Winamp can also boost the bass via making adjustments with the EQ settings.

<!--QuoteBegin--tran
    @Aug 11 2003, 12:00 PM
    (However, when I try to install it, an error window occurred: "access to the specified device, path or file denied". It seems that the rjukebox needed to "contact" REAL Networks for more info, and was turned.
    [/quote]
    make sure you empty out the C:&#092;Windows&#092;TEMP folder of any old files which might cause a problem installing, such as old unremoved versions of RA.

the TEMP folder is the place windows uncompresses files for installation. so if the files were not removed after installing a different version, you can run into problems this way.

Tran

I have checked my windows&#092;temp directory and found 2 olf RA files (rnlog.txt and RstApp.exe). After deleting these two&#39;s, I ran rjukebox20 again, but still ran into the same error (access to the specified device, path or file is denied). I also ran into this same error when trying to install rjukebox10.exe or real7.exe.

Can anyone help, please. many thanks. tran

Super Moderator

I think the rstapp file actually belongs to ICQ.
    here is a question, is the realjukebox your trying to install, on a CD?
    if yes, copy to a folder, remove any Read-Only attributes.

Actually I was using a file downloaded from oldversion.com (rjukebox20.exe) to try re-installing real jukebox 2. I check the sub-directories which might be involved with this task, such as &#092;program files&#092;real&#092;realjukebox and &#092;realplayer and find they are not "read-only". When I check the property of rjukebox20.exe, it is listed as having an Internet shortcut type, so I wonder whether rjukebox20 can self-install by itself at all (without relying on additional instructions from Real networks. What I am wondering is whether Real Networks may set up specific instruction to abort any installation of older version of realjukebox ?).

Tran

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Guest@Aug 30 2003, 11:56 PM
    When I check the property of rjukebox20.exe, it is listed as having an Internet shortcut type, .......
    Tran
    are you sure you downloaded the actual file, or did you just make a shortcut to the file, hence the internet shortcut type.