Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Frustrated

Hello,

I recently had to upgrade my Internet Explorer to 6.0 from 5.0 (because I couldn&#39;t access a certain page). Force of habit causes me to hit <tab> whenever I want to enter information in fields (for example, logging into hotmail or filling out a forum page), however, since I got IE 6.0, whenever I hit <tab>, it takes me to the next open window on my status bar. How can I undo this default so that tab will take me to the next field instead of to the next window?

Thanks in advance, this is reallyyy frustrating&#33;

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Frustrated@Aug 11 2003, 05:49 PM
    since I got IE 6.0, whenever I hit <tab>, it takes me to the next open window on my status bar.
    that news to me, I know if you hold the <alt> key and hit the <tab> it will open the task switcher and switch between open windows. Never seen that happen with just <tab>. Do you have Windows set up to use the Acessibility Options, thats generally used for people with disabilities, poor sight?

GEEK HEAD

when this happens again ... just hit the tap the ALT button twice and the TAB button should work back to normal within the open windows ... somtimes the TAB will toggle between all windows on your status bar instead of moving within the opened window .. follow the step mentioned above and it&#39;ll be fine

Frustrated

Thanks for the feedback... the tab problem disappeared on it&#39;s own&#33; It was a pain in the butt to be switched between windows everytime I hit that button, but the next day, when I turned my computer on, everything was back to normal. Thanks again&#33;